Alpha.

[Kilyan]

I saw my mum on the way out; she looked like hell. I didn't go up to her though, I couldn't. I just made my way to the meadow quickly, ignoring everyone who tried to talk to me on the way, even Lucian and Eden. When I pushed the branches away and stepped out onto the open field, the smell of chocolate and smoke drifted towards me and I followed it until I found the source. Luke was sitting on the ground next to the metal plate on the ground with his knees pulled up to his chest and a lit cigarette between his lips. He seemed so engrossed in his thoughts, that I just stood there for a while not saying anything, not even moving. He only noticed when he shook his head and sniffed the air.

"You smell like lemons and sandalwood.", said he, without even looking up.

"You smell like chocolate." I answered. That had him turn around and his chocolate eyes locked with mine. "Everything about you is like chocolate." I murmured as I fell down on my knees next to him. "Your smell-" I buried my nose in his neck, where his scent was the strongest. "Your eyes." I pulled back to look at him. "Your hair." Ruffling it, he scowled at me. "Your taste." I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed me back almost desperately and I sat back, pulling him into my lap.

-

"How's your dad?" He whispered after we'd sat there in silence for a good while.

"I don't know." I answered honestly; I didn't have the energy to lie to him. It was hopeless anyway: he would know.

"About the ma-"

"We don't have to if you don't want to." I interrupted him. The mating. Dad had asked us to do it quickly, before he died. But I was uneasy. I knew I loved him, but what would happen after the mating? It would mean that he could read my mind and emotions. He would know everything about me- that scared me. We had agreed to try- yes, but this was moving too fast.

"My wanting it is not the issue; you are." He knew me too well already.

"I-"

"I get that you're scared, but... what are you scared of? That I'll abandon you? Never gonna happen. You know, I've had this crush on you since I was twelve." I pulled back a bit and stared down at him, curled up in my lap. 

"Don't look at me like that. I was just being honest." He grumbled and hid his face in my chest. I've had this crush on you.... twelve. His words kept replaying in my head. That's when-

"-you came out."

"No shit, doofus." He deadpanned and I just sat there shell-shocked. "Don't flatter yourself though; I've had a boyfriend before this." Now I was glaring down at him.

"You-" I could feel my wolf pacing with jealousy,; I imagine his fur must've been an ugly shade of green.

"Again- relax. It's not like my wolf let me do anything other than kiss him." He sounded like he regretted not doing more, which irked me.

"So- you wanted... more- from him?" I noticed that I spat that last word and it was very clear I was jealous now. Luke chuckled.

"Don't be jealous, tiger. You're still my number one." I frowned at his nickname for me, but my wolf was pacified.

"What was his name?"

"I'm not giving you his name." He refused.

"What? Why not?"

"Because you look about ready to kill him, so thats not gonna happen." He leaned back into me and I'm sure he could feel my heart beat erratically.