Chapter Seven: "Are you going to Kill Me?"

"How much do you think this is, huh John B? like if we melted her? Like billions right?" JJ asks, happily touching the gold cross.

"This belongs in a museum." John B says.

"This is my ancestors." Pope protests.

"Let's just lift this up and get it in the truck." I say.

"One two three lift." JJ says, "Okay who's not lifting?"

"Okay, guys I'm not okay." Pope says, about to let go of the cross.

"Wait no no no." JJ says.

Pope drops it on the ground and sits on the bench. "Ow man you almost dropped it on my foot." JJ whines.

"Oh shit." I say looking at Pope.

"You don't look so good Pope." Kiara says, walking closer to him.

"I-" pope tries to speak.

"Your eye is all swollen up." Kiara speaks again.

"He's having an allergic reaction." I say.

"How many times did he get stung?" John B asks.

Pope tries to stand but collapses. "Shit we have to take him to the hospital!" I yell.

"What about the cross?" Sarah asks.

"Fuck the cross." I answer.

"I'll hide the cross!" JJ says.

The rest of us carry Pope back to the car. "I didn't hide it well Sarah." JJ says to Sarah, walking out the church.

"It's okay, we need to help Pope." Sarah says.

"Wait, I know where to go! Kie give me the kies!"

"There in the ignition JJ." I say.

"I knew that." JJ says, hopping in the car.

"I'm going to stay back and watch the cross." I say, "All of you guys go help Pope." They all stare at me, thinking if they should leave me alone. I slam my hand on the hood of the truck, "Go. Now! I'll be fine, no one knows where we're at." I say. Then JJ finally drives off.

"Be safe!" John B yells out the window.

"I'll try my best." I say, walking back to the church. I sigh and look down at the huge golden cross, "Now what do I do with you, hm?"

"Talking to crosses now, love?"

I spin around and see Rafe with another random person. "Rafe?" I breath out, terrified.

"Hello, princess." He grins. "What do you got here?" He questions, tilting his head to the side.

"Are you going to kill me?" I ask.

Rafe chuckles darkly. "Depends." He answers.

"Depends on what?" I ask, stepping back.

Rafe takes a step towards me, "Depends on if you obey me." He gets dangerously close to me and bends down to whisper in my ear, "Depends if you're a good girl, or a bad girl." He stands straight up. "Your choice."

I think for a moment.

Run.

It seemed as though Rafe knew what my choice was going to be before I did, because before I knew it his hand gripped my arm. "Bad girl." He says, "I knew it." He whispers.

Rafe takes some cuffs out of his back pocket.

"Rafe what the hell are you doing?" I ask.

He grabs my wrist and slaps one of the cuffs on me and puts the other one on his wrist. "So you just carry cuffs around with you?" I scoff.