Chapter Ten: "Pougelandia!"

It's been thirty days since the whole incident on The Coastal Venture. Everyone is okay, well I think they are. I got closer with Cleo and I'm pretty sure Pope did to.

"What're you smirking about y/n?" I look up from what I was doing, which was cutting a fish.

I smile, "Nothing John B." I answer, setting down the gutted fish.

"So it looks like JJ is enjoying himself?" John B says, laughing.

My smile drops, "Yeah, him and Kiara are out there in the ocean, fish hunting." I breathe out. I sigh and stand up. "I'm going to go see where Pope is." I say to my brother and walk away.

I see Pope talking to Cleo. "I think it's best if I leave them alone." I grin.

Am I the only one that feels their tension?

"Hm." I hummed to myself, satisfied.

I close my eyes and look up at the sky, soaking up the suns rays, I let out a comforting sigh.

What's that sound?

I open my eyes and squint, the sun shining in my eyes. "Is that?" Am I hallucinating like Sarah was? Or is that a plane I see right now? "Johnny? John B!" I call out.

"What's wrong y/n?" John B runs to me.

I point to the sky, "Am I crazy or is that a plane I see?" I question, then look at him. I see his eyes light up.

"Guys!" John B turns to yell at the Pouges, "Plane!" He yells, pointing to the sky. "There's a plane!"

Everyone is trying to get the plane's attention, Pope and Cleo run to light the fire on the mountain. I look at JJ and he looks sad. I watch the plane get further and further away from the island, Until I see the fire burning on the mountain and the plane turns back around.

I jump up excited, I look at John B, "Holy shit are we getting rescued?" I ask, hitting him on the shoulder. "Yo, I can't wait to get off this island!"

Sorry island, I love you. But I need a proper toilet.

"C'mon everyone! We're being rescued!" Pope yells, running down the mountain, holding Cleos hand.

I smile.

The plane lands, and a guy with long hair comes out with a smile.

I'm getting a bad feeling.

"Look what we got here?" The guy says. He starts to throw some liquor at us. "You guys ready to be saved?" He asks with a wide grin, "My name is Jimmy Portis and I'll be your captain." Jimmy says, gesturing us to get in the plane.

"Will all of us be to heavy?" John B asks, holding Sarah's hand, his fiancés hand.

Jimmy looks at his plane and taps it, "Yeah she can hold you guys." He answers.

I walk in after Kiara, "I got it." She says.

I walk past him and step in last. The only spot left was next to JJ, I sighed and took a seat next to him. For the past thirty days JJ and Kiara have been trying to talk to me. But they have also been all lovey dovey towards one another.

I bite my bottom lip to stop from saying something that I will eventually regret.

After a while of flying I started to get a pain in my gut, something was wrong and I could feel it. I turn to face John B, "Johnny?" I whisper to him.

He leans in, "Yeah?"

"Something's wrong. I can feel it." I explain, in a whisper.

John B looks at me then at JJ, he taps his shoulder and JJ seems to understand him. "So how long have you been flying?" John B asks Jimmy.