Chapter Thirteen: Lucky Charm

"Just so you two know." Carlos stops me and Rafe before we get in the car they have prepared for us. "If you betray me I will kill you both and your friends, then I will kill your friend's family." He says with a wicked smile. "Understand?"

I nod my head.

"Good." Carlos smiles. He softly pinches my cheek. I look at Rafe and see him glaring at Carlos.

Rafe grabs my wrist and pulls me to the car, shoving me inside. "Put your seatbelt on." He demands, slamming the door shut.

"You could ask a little more nicer..." I whisper to myself.

"What did you say?" Rafe asks, jumping in the car and closing the door. He starts the car.

"Nothing." I answer.

He pushes on the gas and we start making our way to my house. I can't wait to see my family. I just need to find a way to sneak away from Rafe...

"John B and the rest of them aren't gonna be at your house right now right?"

"I-I don't know. We might have to sneakily check if they're there." I answer, adjusting myself.

Rafe looks at me. "Why are you so fidgety?"

"I don't fidget."

Rafe scoffs. "You're doing it right now."

I look down at my body. He's right. I stop moving. "I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"What do you mean about what? This whole situation, I'm nervous."

"Ahh... you're nervous because you don't know how you're going to escape me." Rafe says with a smile.

How did he?...

"What?" I question.

"Don't play dumb." Rafe spits, "I know you, y/n."

"I'm not thinking about how to escape you, Rafe." I lie.

"Don't lie to me." He warns.

"I'm not-"

Rafe slams on the breaks, my body jolts forward. My seatbelt pulled me back before I hit my head. Rafe starts to breathe heavy. Why is he starting to remind me of the old Rafe?

I slowly look at Rafe, my breathing is ragged. His hands are in his hair. "R-Rafe?" I question. The stuttering problem I've had since I was a child is starting to pop up again. Putting words together is beginning to feel difficult. "A-A-Are you O-Okay?"

He sits up straight and leans his head back on the head of his seat. His head tilts to me, "You know I don't like when you lie to me, love." He grins. His hands slide to mine, he squeezes tightly.

It hurts.

Rafe closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he opens his eyes and looks back at me. He aggressively pulls me close to him. "You're my lucky charm, remember?" He questions with a menacing smile that sent chills all over my body. That look in his eyes looks familiar... his other hand finds its way in my hair. "I need you." He whispers, hoarsely.

I just nod my head.

"Don't leave me again." He says in a warning tone.

I nod my head.

The hand that was in my hair is now gliding up and down my jawline, "You know I like it better when you use your words."

"Okay." I say.

Rafe stares me down for a couple more seconds then starts the car back up and continues to drive. I look out the window and wipe the tears that are falling down my cheeks.