Chapter Eleven: "Is This A Dream?"

"Don't push me." I say, shoving the guard.

"Shut up and get in there." The guard with an accent sneers, shoving me harder.

I groan when he pushed me on the ground, "Ha." I breathe out. I stand up and punch the guy in the face, "Touch me again." I warn, "And I'll shoot you with your own gun."

The guard scoffs and starts to walk over to me, raising his hand. He was about to hit me but Rafe stepped in front of me. I heard Rafe chuckle, "I don't care if you hit her but I'm sure you don't wanna waste your time, man." Rafe smiles.

The guard puts his hand down. Rafe nods his head, "I know how you feel though, man she can get annoying." Rafe looks down at me from the corner of his eye.

I glare at him and the guard.

Bitch.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here." I say.

"Shhh." Rafe whispers.

The guard looks at both me and Rafe then walks away, locking the door behind him. Rafe turns to me then walks to the bed.

"I didn't need your help. I can handle myself."

Rafe ignores me. He's walking around the room.

"Hey. I don't think you heard me but I don't need your help." I repeat.

Rafe stops at a small bookshelf, and moves his fingers along the spines of the books, humming.

"Rafe?" I ask slowly, hoping he doesn't get pissed with me saying his name.

He turns to me slowly. "What." He answers.

I gulp, "I don't know where the diary is." I say. Rafe closes his eye and takes a deep breath. "I really don't." I reassure.

I'm lying.

Rafe puts the book down and walks to me, his hands in his pockets, sighing. "I know you're lying."

I shake my head, "No I'm not."

"Don't shake your head."

I stop shaking my head.

"If you don't tell them where the diary is they will kill us." Rafe says.

"But I don't know." I repeat.

I can't let them get the diary.

"Are you really going to risk your life for a diary?"

"That diary is important to me and John B." I answer.

"But are you willing to risk your life for it?"

"Yes."

"Why?" He asks, taking his hands out if pockets, now crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's important, Rafe."

"It's important?" Rafe repeats to me, tilting his head.

"Yes."

"It's not as important as my life. And they're going to kill me too if we don't get that diary for them." Rafe is now inches away from me, towering over me. "And I'm not letting you risk my life for a diary." He says, laughing menacingly.

"Rafe."

"Tell me where it is."

"I can't-"

"You want to die?"

"No."

"You're going to if you don't tell these people where the diary is."

"But I can't."