Chapter 9

Team Jukuren looked miserable. They all had stayed up most of the night a barely got any sleep. They took their sensei's word about staying up and practicing. Little did they know, they were about to get a little surprise.

"Surprise- Oh! Wow you look terrible!" Jukuren said, shunshining to the training ground. "Well yeah! We stayed up all night practicing to beat you're test!' Kiseru exclaimed, kinda annoyed. "Okay. One thing we need to straight. A ninja should see through deception. How are you supposed to fight if you're tired all the time?" Jukuren said, a little dissapointed. They finally saw what he was doing. This was the first test and they had failed, horribly.

Jukuren took out nine Shukaku figures. "Now, I will hide these figures, and you all have until noon to find them. Oh yeah and, I expect you all to come back with three each. Okay?" Jukuren finished. They all nodded to confirm their understanding. "Good, now give me a moment to hide these." Jukuren said, shunshining away.

It was an odd silence between us. It felt, strange. Like we wanted to talk, but couldn't. We all looked at each other sideways. Just as I was about to break the uncomfortable silence, Jukuren returned with a clock.

"Ah- and noon. Remember, look for the unexpected. Alright time starts... NOW!" Jukuren shouted. We all stood there kinda confused. "What are you all waiting for? Shoo!" He shouted. We flinched and quickly start to move.

While I was search I was deep in thought. Thinking about everything I could do to find all three figures.

'Should I use my byakugan?' I thought to my self. 'No, he might be able to sense it. Maybe if I'm able to hide my chakra-! No, I can't do that yet.' 'Maybe-'

I was so tangled up in thought, that I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I had ran into a log on our training ground.

"What the-! Ow!" I shouted. I had never felt so embarrassed. However, that embarrassment was quickly replaced with awkward joy. I had found the figure.

"Wow." Was all I could say."Yay? Maybe?" I was confused. Why would he make an obvious spot?

"Remember, look for the unexpected."

"Ah, so that's what he mean't." I said to myself. "Does that mean all three of them are hidden like this?" "No, he wouldn't do that, it's too obvious." I had decided to stop overthinking and search.

I had finally found all three. It was really weird. The second one was at the underneath what may have been the heaviest rock ever. And the third one was was buried the the sand. I only found it cause I decided to use one of my sand justus.

The best I can say is that I was tired and ready to go back home and take a nice long nap. That when I looked down and saw it.

There was another figure. A 4th one.

"What?" I said quietly to myself. "Another figure?" I was heavily thinking about what I should do.

'If I don't take it, there's the chance that all of us pass. But if I do take it, I could be seen as a good ninja, maybe my sensei would take it as special recognition, maybe-'

"WAIT!"

I turned around to see who it was, it was Moerukami. I saw that he had 1 figure.

"Please! I need that! You already have all three!"

"And why not go for Kiseru's?" I asked him. "He already has all three! I saw it!" He shouted desperately.
=
"Please!" He screamed. He closed his eyes. And when he opened them he saw nothing, but the figure.

"Thank you, Shiro." He whispered to himself.

Timeskip

It was 30 minutes before noon. All of the soon to be genin were here but one.

"I'm here!" Moerukami shouted walking in.

"That's great!" Jukuren said. "All of you are here! With all the figures too!"

"You all pass!" He said excitedly.

There was a moment of cheer for all three boys.

Once the moment was over. They were all waiting for Jukuren's next set of words.

"Now as Genin, it's very different from how you were learning previously. You'll be sent on missions, you'll be paid, you'll be-"

As they were waiting for Jukuren to finish, Moerukami looked at Shiro from the side. Shiro however, didn't meet his gaze.

"Now that that's all done. Be here by 2:30 pm for your squad pictures! Dismissed!" Jukuren said excitedly.

They all stood there. Confused from the sudden excitement.

"Huh? Standing still again? Go on! Shoo!" Jukuren shouted once again!

That's the end of the chapter again. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been sick for a while and I've been dealing with real life stuff. Till next time.