Chapter 164: The Dark Lord Ascending

I'm baaaaaack! For the final and last time on this series?! Oh how I have been looking forward to this! A Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and a wishful happy times to everyone else here reading on this day! One more chapter will be posted Next Saturday on New Years, and then updates will proceed from January 10th every Monday! Hope you all enjoy!

HPHPHPHP

Sirius was bleeding. He'd crashed into something so hard there was a sizable cut on his forehead that was already staining half his face in red even as he tried to get back to his feet and go for his wand to get the throbbing feeling to ease up. Remus yelped so loud in surprise the others instantly noticed even before Moony held his sides carefully to get him back upright. Sirius's head was thrumming so hard he didn't at all acknowledge anything as he leaned in to the steady feeling and finally got the wound to seal shut.

Remus fought like a fiend to ignore the presence of someone else hovering, not go for his wand as he held Padfoot closer, waiting patiently and unable to take his eyes off the blood until the gash itself was gone, only the very solid fact he hadn't been the one to hurt him this time had distracted him this long as someone reached out and thumped Sirius on the chest in an age old gesture did he look up with a bite ready on his lips to get them to back off.

He froze, because of course it was James, Prongs was already smiling and laughed at Sirius who stood up completely steady on his feet like nothing had happened now, splashing a bit of water on his face and wiping at it with his baggy sweater, he even smiled in delight to see where they were.

It scared him though, the possessive edge that had been there when he should have wanted James more than anyone if Sirius was hurt! For just a moment he tried to tell himself maybe he was over reacting, but then as Sirius turned away, Prongs gave him a little frown.

Nothing heavy or noticeable, but something in that expression made it clear he'd seen it too.

Averting his eyes finally took in the rest of the room, and it was such a strange place of course only Sirius had a hope of recognizing it.

The view out the window was the Forbidden Forest and a starry night, clearly they were back at school, but then what was all this Muggle junk around? Little bits of Padfoot's blood was still visible on the sharp edge of some car part he had no hope of recognizing. The rest of the room contained scattered objects from his life Mum would bring in and dad would inevitably not like around long, such as a vacuum and a walkman. Sitting proudly on a desk was a whole stack of assignments ready to be graded Frank was going through as well as a telephone as a paperweight for it all.

Letting the two walk off, he started tugging on his sleeve and leaned against the wall as he tried to figure out what the hell that had been while Peter summoned the book.

Something gold flew towards him, the red seven on its spine a blur as it went past. It was so big it looked as likely to take Pete's head off as an actual bar of gold when he caught it. They all silently crossed their fingers and hoped with everything they had this was finally it, the last one.

It did not start pleasantly. They already knew the Dark Lord had ascended to the highest possible position he couldn't, hadn't he? Snape may have been the man to kill Dumebldore and prominent as ever in this chapter, leaving poor Evans looking like an inferi victim herself as she stood white but determined in the room, but at least not shied away from anyone.

His mind hovered on Peter and Regulus while he looked from them back to Padfoot and Prongs. Sirius definitely had some issues there, the over protective fool had spent time trying his best to get both to conform to a certain way and now had finally found some median answer of just letting them be and admitting to the distance always in place.