Chapter 193: The Sacking of Severus Snape

The deserted Ravenclaw common room was wide and circular, airier than any ever seen at Hogwarts. Graceful arched windows punctuated the walls, which were hung with blue-and-bronze silks. By day, the Ravenclaws would have a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains. The ceiling was domed and painted with stars, which were echoed in the midnight-blue carpet. There were tables, chairs, and bookcases, and in a niche opposite the door stood a tall statue of white marble which is what Regulus smacked face-first into. The book resting on top of the diadem completed his fall with him to the ground, almost crushing his neck.

Frank did a tumble over a mountain of homework someone left out while Alice got a back first look at those bookshelves while the others landed only marginally more spread out.

Lily and James were both so personally affronted at both the idea of a Death Eater being around their kid again, already, in the safest place in the castle up here in a dorm, they actually had another rousing argument for a moment about who was going to read the chapter.

Lily won, and James slouched against the statue in frustration with only a bit of hesitation for Regulus being so close at hand. Nobody was in a particularly good mood regardless, even when Luna stunned that waste right after, they knew things weren't going to get better. Sirius's little brother kept rubbing his forearm and pursing his lips at the horrible notion when the other Carrow came waltzing in here only after McGonagall's help and at once wanted to blame all of those kids.

Sirius had been in a fritz since the chapter title, they'd all wanted Snape sacked since the very beginning and was pacing the large circular room with as much pent up energy to keep himself from shouting about it getting to that part during the halls of the school as the rest of them grew more still with stress for that farce of a Headmaster showing up.

Lily was still in a worse mood than him after he fled the castle when backup arrived from the other proper heads of houses, she kept glancing up at all of them and flushing with shame to keep reading as his cowardice kept being put on full display like it was still hitting her raw.

Padfoot went over to her though, he redirected that manic energy of wanting to tear every book in sight apart or pick a fight with the redhead by reading over her shoulder in oddly good mock impressions of their teachers and then ducking when she swatted him away even as she smiled for him trying to help ease the process up, reminding her she wasn't stuck in this miserable mess alone.

His best mate had always taken his anger and pushed it out into the world, Lily had kept her's bottled up for to long and was now pretending she wasn't laughing along with Remus for his ever increasingly poor impressions of Slughorn trying to invite Voldemort to a cocktail party to fix all of this.

Regulus, as usual, was the exact opposite as he kept everything tucked away in that head of his, Peter had come over at some point he still hadn't ruddy noticed and the two were quietly whispering to each other something he didn't feel the need to be privy to as Harry made his way back to a now full Room of Requirements with Order members galore.

Just because they would always go about everything in a different way didn't mean they couldn't get along though, he thought with a good laugh at hearing Hogwarts was of course fighting back, and Ron and Hermione had excused themselves to bathrooms unknown. Harry's two best mates were the epitome of that sentiment.

He and Regulus had the two most important things in common to him. Sirius and Peter.

HPHPHP

I've been meaning to put this little epiphany of James's in a while ago, like several chapters back, but it's always one thing right after another and I'm more really, really excited to get to the next chapter which is going to be super long to make up for all these short ones again with loads of action and I'm going to shut up now before I ruin it!