Chapter One

There she is I thought to myself as I saw my crush of four, going on five, years walking through the doors of the small café that my uncle owns, Mya Hite. She was just one person behind the one that I was serving to at the moment looking aggravated at her phone as she was typing away. This usually isn't the way she is when she comes in here, unless she is around her boyfriend, Malik Todd. I never really liked that guy he was such a dick to everybody, by everybody I mean the people that were not a part of his athletic clique.

I was what you would call the biggest nerd in our whole school I listen to jazz music, why because sometimes you didn't need words to enjoy music. I had a bad haircut thanks to my mom, thinking that she could be saving money for something important cuts it herself. I was known around the school as Pizza Boy because I had really bad acne. I was tall and lanky because I didn't feel the need to work out. My wardrobe consisted of me looking like I was supposed to be a teenager in the 90's thanks to my older cousin for giving me his old gently used clothing.

I guess you can say that I was a weird white guy that nobody wanted to be around, even the nerds didn't want to hang out with me and I was a part of that clique, sad I know.

But there was only one person who knew that I was alive, Mya, I met her in the middle of 11th grade, she walking around the hallway with a sheet of paper in her face looking confused. I kindly walked up to her asking to see if she needed any help, which the obvious answer was just staring right in front of me.

I bet you probably think that we only talked to each other during the tour and to my surprise we kept on talking to the point where I could actually claim her as my friend. I ended up inviting her to the café, at the time I had just started working there after school to save money up for whatever. I also found out that she took a liking to the way I make a caramel mocha frappe. Every time that she would come over I would always pair the drink with a fresh plain bagel.

It was fun hanging out with somebody that isn't family. I was there for her when she needed help with her homework. I was even there as a supporter when she auditioned for the cheerleading team and got in. All of sudden she just stopped talking to me without any explanation. Sadly I didn't have a phone at that time so I couldn't call her or anything to see what I had did wrong.

I knew that she was seeing Malik because she would always talk about him whenever we had gotten a chance to hang out. I wanted to tell her about the painful history that Malik and I have, but she seemed happy and I didn't want to take that from her. After they made it official she just slowly started hanging out with his crew and forgotten all about me. So I guess you can say that popularity was the main reason. Sometimes I would try to talk to her at her locker or in the hallways she was either around Malik and, or, her friends would look at me like I had my ass on top of my head.

Senior year was the year that I decided to just lay low and keep to myself. A few times, on a rare occasion, Mya would try to talk to me, but it was cut short when Malik or one of her friends came around. One day, I believe it was a month before our last day of school, one of the seniors was throwing a huge party at his house and to my surprise he invited me. I originally wasn't going to go, but for some reason Mya wanted me to go. Anyways I had a few bills from my paycheck, so I decided to do a little shopping so that I would look semi-decent for the party.

Once I arrived an hour late to the party I head straight towards the table that held the alcohol so that I could find a way to calm my nerves and found me seat in the back of the living room. There were a few times that girls, who were either drunk or really didn't recognize me, asked me to dance. A part of me wanted to say yes, but I couldn't dance for nothing nor did I have the balls to embarrass myself in front of everybody, so I decline with a gentle shake of the head. Moments later Mya came by and asked me to dance with her I tried the same head shake that I gave previous girls but apparently she didn't like the answer. I took the last gulp of my drink before she dragged me onto the dance floor. To my surprise I didn't make a complete ass of myself but I was getting turned on when Mya started dancing with her butt literally right on my crouch.