Chapter Ten

Me-> insert picture

Mya<- I like the outfit just make sure that you iron it before putting it on

Me-> Yes mom

Mya<- Don't do me like that I am just trying to help you out

Me-> What are you going to wear?

Mya<- You're just going to have to wait and see

I smile at the conversation that Mya and I were having, and I'm glad that she approves on the outfit that I picked out. I mean sure it needs to be ironed but that was because it was bunched up in a ball in the corner of my closet.

As I grab my iron board from behind my room I look around my room for my iron, but then remember that I put it under the sink in the kitchen. I don't know if you are supposed to do that but hey I have been doing that since I have moved into this hell hall. Moments later my phone rings since each caller doesn't have their own personal ringtone thinking that it's Mya I answer it after the third ring.

"Hello."

"Hey Tanner just a reminder that your name is on the list with a plus one," Harriett's voice comes from the other side of the phone and I have the need to just hang up.

"Okay, thanks again for doing this."

"No problem, so what are you going to be wearing."

"A shirt, jeans, and shoes, I had already sent it to Mya and she approved so I'm good," I sit down on my bed waiting for the iron to finish heating up.

"Come on Tanner you can't be mad about what happened earlier today."

"I'm over it."

"I know you Tanner, you hold grudges like there is no tomorrow."

"No I don't," I got defensive when she said that.

"Yes you do and don't argue with me about it, and if you think that I am wrong then when was the last time you have spoken to your family, and I don't mean your uncle."

"That is different and you know it, if that is all then I have to go, in case you didn't know I have a date to get to and I can't be late this time."

"Whatever Tanner you know that I am right," she hangs up before I had gotten a chance to. Ever since this evening I have been thinking on why I still have Harriett around, had I been any other sane man I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. When we broken up she wanted to remain friends, I thought that would be a good idea but now I am just thinking that it's now a bad idea.

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me!" I felt the back of the iron to find out that it's not hot because of the fact that it's not plugged the fuck in, nor does it have any water in it. So that is going to take another five to ten minutes that I have just wasted for this to heat up. I look at the clock to see that I was sort of pushing it. Had Harriett not called me I probably would have been in the shower right now and be on time for once. But I have a little bit of time, I hope.

~

She is going to fucking kill me! I thought as I dried my hair coming out of the shower, she told my ass not to be late and what happens I'm late! If I told her why I was late she is going to have my fucking head. I already know that she doesn't like Harriett so if I told her that because she called me that that was the reason why I was late I am going to be dealing with some badass attitude all night.

After putting lotion all over my body, and yes I said all over my body because I hate the feeling of being ashy, and sure you can't see the ash on me, but I can sure as hell feel it. But anyways I quickly put on the shirt that I had ironed making sure that I don't wrinkle it anymore than I have mentally telling myself that I need to buy myself a new iron. I quickly grab my keys off of the table while almost breaking my damn neck when I tripped off of the shoes that I had kicked off my feet a while ago.