08. Chapter 7

The next morning, JJ had planned to stop by John B's house.

Let's just say, unlike Parklynn, JJ's life has been anything but boring. His friends, the Pogues, have been on a little treasure hunt, you could say. Plus everything that happened with Parklynn yesterday.

While Parklynn was sitting bored in her room, he was out chasing down two outlaws that tried to kill him and his friends.

Yeah. You heard that correctly.

Lets start at the beginning.

Yesterday, the day of the kegger, like any other day, the Pouges were out on HMS Pogue of course. They were scoping out the damage that the storm had left on the island. They really weren't looking for any trouble, truly.

Long story short, the group found a boat a shipwreck. A Grady White for clarification. Them being the dumb teenagers they are, they went down to explore, and found a key to a motel room. It could very much be considered a scavenger hunt, and even though it sounds like a kids game, the group had no idea how dangerous of an adventure they had just started.

The four of them decided to go to coast guard with the information they had just found. They figured a finders fee beats their curiosity. The officers were very busy, and didn't have time for some silly kids who wouldn't shut up. Turning them away, the kids decided they might as figure out who's boat that was. A Grady White wasn't cheap, it had to be someone important.

So they continued on their treasure hunt, making their way to the motel and trying the key on room 279.

This is when they realized what they had just gotten themselves into.

In the room, the boys found a gun and a stack of money, and hiding from the cops that showed up, took the items with them.

They soon found information that the owner of the boat, Scooter Grubs, was dead.

Yeah, dead.

And now they were in deep shit.

Here we are now, and JJ planned to make his way over to John B's as he had promised him he would accompany him on the way to Ms. Lana's house, Scooters wife.