12. Chapter 11

The 5 arrived back at Parklynn's house, and you could tell they were a bit freaked out. The castle doors and Porsches definitely threw them off a bit.

"Holy kook," John B says.

Parklynn let's put an uncomfortable laugh, which JJ senses.

"I know you don't like flaunting your money, but holy shit, this place is like a fucking Disney movie," JJ says.

"Why thank you, and who might you be?" Parklynn's dad frightens the boy as he walks down the stairs.

"Oh! Dad! These are my friends, um John B, Kiara, JJ, and Pope," Parklynn says caught a bit off guard. She forgot she even had to deal with her dad.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Parklynn's dad."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Gray." JJ says as he sticks out his hand. Her dad takes it and greets him back.

Parklynn was surprised by JJ's people meeting skills.

"Well I'm off to dinner with Ward, you guys are welcome to stay as long as you would like."

Kie and Pope share a glance at the name Ward, and Parklynn shifts at the awkward tension.

"Thanks dad, have fun!" She says, basically pushing him out the door.

Once he was gone, the group heads into the kitchen.

"Look at you JJ! Already meeting the dad!" John B busts his chops.

"I think I did pretty well if you ask me," JJ responds cockily.

Parklynn laughs a bit at the two boys as she takes her seat next to Pope and JJ.

"So what does everyone want on their pizza?" Parklynn asks laughing.

The group places their order and waits for the pizza to come, which takes what feels like forever.

Pope and JJ are glued to the TV, as they haven't seen the internet in about 4 days due to the storm. Kie is going through the collection of books my dad has, and John B is sitting at the table still. He hasn't moved since he got there, staring down at his compass.

Parklynn watched him from the kitchen. She feels horrible, and honestly doesn't know how he's here right now and not sulking in bed.

She makes her way to the table and sits next to him.

"How are you? Actually, that was a stupid question," She starts off.

Nice Park, way to go.

John B let's put a small laugh, not looking up from the compass.

"I'm, I don't know, I'll get better. I know you think I'm crazy, I know you all do, but I know my dads out there somewhere. I just know it."

"Actually John B, I don't think you're crazy. It's normal to have hope, and it's healthy. I still have hope that my moms out there."

"Your mom?"

"Yeah, I do understand where you're coming from John B. My mom went missing a few years back too. Marine biologist, don't know if she's lost at sea or just ran away, kidnapped, no idea."

"I'm sorry."

"But you know, I still feel her out there. Just like you know your dad is still there, I know my mom is too. That's why this whole treasure hunt thing, I think you have to pursue it. If my mom left me even the slightest bit of a clue to where she was, I would follow it, even if it was the stupidest thing ever."

"Thank you Parklynn. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. I'm glad JJ brought you around, I hope you stick."

The two look over at the blonde who's in a heated conversation with Pope, something about what was going on on the TV.