11. Chapter 10

A black pick up truck pulls aggressively into the rocky driveway of the chateau, and the group huddled around the shaded window to observe.

A bad feeling is found in Parklynn's stomach. This could not be good. Her face scrunches up a bit at the sight of two men getting out of the vehicle.

"Is that-" Kiara starts.

"Is that them?" Parklynn whispers to herself.

JJ looks over at the girl and puts a reassuring hand on her waist, usually she would get week in the knees at the touch of JJ, but right now all she was thinking about was the square groupers entering John B's home.

JJ walks away with his hand on his head, freaking out as well, "John B I told yo-"

"Hey, look at me, where's the gun?" John B asks him while aggressively pushing him against the wall in order to shut him up.

JJ widens his eyes, "um the gun, uh it's..."

"Now you don't have the gun?" Kie asks.

"It's in my backpack! Which is on the..."

"On the porch," Parklynn reminds him.

JJ nods and bolts out the door. She wanted to scream at him not to go, she wouldn't have told him where his backpack was if she knew he was going to leave.

"John Routledge!!" A booming voice echoes throughout the house.

JJ comes bursting back through the door. "They're on the porch guys!"

"Get out here!" The men shout.

Parklynn could hear the men rummaging throughout the house and throwing things around. She cringed at the sound of chairs falling and glass breaking.

"Where you are boy?" The men shout again.

"Guys we have to leave," Kiara says as she heads for the window.

JJ and Pope both attempt to lift the painted glass open, but it won't budge. Parklynn and Kiara watch frozen as the boys grunt.

"It's painted shut!" JJ whisper yells.

Parklynn turns and looks back a John B guarding the door. She jumps into action, flipping through the pages of his dads desk trying to find a sharp object to budge the window with. She quickly discovers a small pocket knife and rushes it over to JJ.

"Where the hell is that compass?" The men yell as JJ pries at the window.

Parklynn jumps as a man starts banging on the door, twisting at the lock.

"You better not be in there!"

"Come on JJ come on!" She whispers at him.

The door starts to break as the man shoots a gun at the lock.

Parklynn jumps in and pulls at the window more and more with JJ, "I got it I got it!" he says as the window slides slowly but surely open.

"Go go go!" Parklynn whispers.

"No you go!" JJ counters.