13. Chapter 12

The next morning, Parklynn woke up to a snoring JJ and sunlight beaming in her face. She rolled over to her side to grab her phone and check the time, which read 10:02. They must have slept pretty late considering the day they had yesterday. 

She carefully got out of bed, hoping not to wake the boy across her room, and headed downstairs, where she could hear the voices of the others. 

"Morning guys," she says to Pope, John B, and Kiara. 

She is greeted with a "morning" from Pope and John B, and a hum from Kiara, which she was satisfied with. 

The three were sitting around the table talking, probably about the events of yesterday and how they were going to deal with them. 

Parklynn walked over to her refrigerator and John B continued the conversation. 

As she pulls out the orange juice and a few cups, John B says, "We have to go to the Redfield lighthouse guys. It's the only place I could think of."

Parklynn's eyebrows raised of the mention of the lighthouse, in which she hadn't been in ages. 

She placed the drinks on the table for the teens to help themselves to, and took a seat next to Kie. 

"I'm not going to guarantee that anything is there John B, but I'll for sure go with you for the ride," Kiara says. 

"Me too," Pope says. 

Parklynn stays quiet. She wants to go with them, but she doesn't want to just force herself into the group. Now that she thinks about it, JJ kind of just put her here and that was it. She felt insecure being there and not knowing how Pope and Kiara felt. Intruding was the last thing she wanted to do. 

"Okay so Redfield it is," John B says, "Park where's JJ?"

"Oh he's upstairs still, sleeping."

"Course he is," Kie says. 

There was a moment of silence between the four, and unexpectedly, Kiara was the one to break it. 

"So, Parklynn, are you coming today?"

Parklynn didn't know how to respond. I mean, she didn't know how Kiara felt at this point. It seemed like she eased up a little bit, but she also knew that could just completely not be true whatsoever. 

"Well, I don't want to intrude, even though it may be a bit too late for that already. But I do want to help you John B. And I know you guys think that just because I live on the wrong side of the island, or that I'm friends with the Camerons, that I am different from you all, but I do truly enjoy hanging out with you guys. But again, the last thing I want to do is to upset you guys."

Pope looked at John B as if he had a frog about to jump out of his mouth. John B cracked a smile and a wheezing laugh came out of Pope, causing John B to giggle and even Kie to laugh a bit. 

The three kept laughing, and Parklynn joined them. 

'What are we laughing at?" She asks. 

"Park it's not that deep, JJ wants you here, I want you here, we all do. You're already in it," John B speaks up. 

Parklynn smiles a bit at the boys response. 

"So you guys were laughing at me?" 

The group shared a laugh once more, and Kiara answers, "Yes, yes we were."

The group starts talking a bit more just about random things, but Parklynn zones out for a minute, thinking about how happy that conversation had just made her. The Pogues were truly welcoming and fun to be around. They're like family, and would do anything for each other. She felt this is were she needed to be. 

"What are we talking about?" A voice says from the bottom of the staircase. 

Holy shit did he look good. 

A shirtless JJ emerged from the stairs and headed over to the table, picking up a cup of orange juice. His blonde hair was spiked in all different directions, and it along with his tan skin was glistening in the morning sunlight. 

Parklynn caught herself staring a bit too long, and had to tear her eyes away from the scene before she embarrassed herself, although it almost seemed worth it. 

"Nothing special," John B says, "Get a good sleep in Parklynn's room JJ?"

Parklynn choked a bit on her OJ at the comment, even though she knew nothing happened. 

"Actually yes I did, thank you for asking. Best sleep I've had in a while," JJ says with a bit of attitude. 

"Morning P, how are we?" He continues, putting a hand on her back as he sits down. 

"Golden, you?"

"Wow, golden, you must be in a good mood. Is it because I'm shirtless?"

The girls checks burn red at the comment, normally they wouldn't and she would hit him with a witty comeback, but she could just imagine Pope,  John B, and Kiara watching the interaction go down. 

"Did you just blush?" Pope asked.

"I think she blushed," John B added. 

"Yep," Kie says, jumping in. 

"Ok everybody I did not blush!" Parklynn manages to defend herself, "put some clothes on JJ."

The blonde chuckles at her fluster, and the other three sip there orange juice, laughing as well. 

"Come on guys, we got a treasure hunt to take care of," John B announces. 

And with that, the five teens jump out of their chairs, adrenaline flowing through their veins. 

Parklynn runs upstairs to retrieve her phone and change into something other than pajamas, which ended up being jean shorts and a tank top. She  stood in front of her mirror, quickly throwing her hair up. 

JJ watched her from the hallway, admiring her effortless beauty. The creases her back made when her arms went up to her hair, her fingers moving fluently throughout her gorgeous beachy curls, the way she tilted her head at herself in the mirror. Everything was attractive about the girl, and he wondered how someone could be that beautiful without trying at all. 

"What JJ?" Parklynn speaks up.

"Huh?"

"You're staring."

"Am I?"

"Yes, you are?"

"You're right, I am."

Parklynn laughs at how he didn't even try to hide it, and turned away from the mirror, satisfied with how she looked. She grabbed her phone from the foot of her bed and walked over the the boy. 

"You ready?" She asks him as he leaned on the door frame. 

JJ was still in a state of shock, nodding his head up and down.

Parklynn raised her eyebrows at him as he she stood about a foot from his body. 

"You're just, you're beautiful," he spits out. 

Parklynn is now smirking, "I know, now come on, get your head out of the clouds, " she says a bit more seductively than she should have. 

She walks out of the room, leaving JJ starstruck again. Once again, she had no idea what she does to him. 

But she did, she knew exactly what she was doing.