09. Chapter 8

Opening the back gate to the Camerons house, Parklynn watches Kelce, Topper, and Rafe walk out to the water and to Sarah.

The girl closes the gate and runs up to her friends.

"I mean I just can't get it out of my head... it's just on repeat, "You're move broski."". Topper says.

The girl stops in her tracks. They aren't talking about JJ are they?

"Bro," Kelce speaks up, "he had a semiautomatic pointed at your head... safety off."

"That's what I'm saying its insane."

Okay, they are definitely talking about JJ. Butterflies erupt in her stomach. Not because of JJ, but because of the massive amount of guilt she feels for being with him the other day. No she didn't regret it, but she was going to have to lie to both Rafe and Sarah about it, and that didn't make her happy.

"Their freaking Pogues man! Their dirty little earthworms. Have no meaning other than starting trouble."

Okay, disregard everything just said. The feeling of guilt went away very quickly. This is what ticked Parklynn off. He wasn't just a Pogue and especially not an "earthworm". That was actually a terrible insult because Parklynn found earthworms to be pretty cool, and either way they didn't start trouble. JJ was more than that. She knows he was just protecting his friends. She would have done the same if her best friend was fucking drowning.

She wanted to scream and shout and push topper to the ground, but she knew she couldn't. That would completely blow her cover. How suspicious would it be if she lashed out at the boys and then agreed to their plan to figure out where the gun was from? Too suspicious.

So she put on her best smiley face and ran over to Rafe, jumping on his back.

"Hey boys, how are we?"

Rafe dropped the subject right away and his smile grew at the sight of the blonde.

"Jesus you scared me Park!" Rafe says with excitement.

She hops off his back and fake smiled. "What are we up to?"

"Oh nothing, just watching Sarah kill herself." Topper joined in looking at Sarah walking very close to activated power lines. Topper was the last person she wanted to talk to on this Earth right now. Seriously how does Sarah like this guy?

She couldn't take it, a little attitude won't kill anybody.

"Actually Topper, I asked Rafe."

She smiled at the boy with frosted tips, that did not look very good by the way, and he gasped at the girl.

"Oh shit," Kelce says covering his mouth in a fist.

She turned her gaze back to Rafe as Topper spoke up, "Ouch, what's your problem?"

"Topper, drop it." Rafe says defensively.

Parklynn smiled once again at Topper.

"Nothing really Park, what brings you here?" Rafe says answering her question.

"I actually have some good news."

"Oh do you? What could that possibly be?"

Here it goes, she thinks to herself.

"Well, I've been thinking about what you guys were saying the other night after the Kegger and the whole gun situation. And honestly, I don't feel comfortable knowing there's guns on the streets too. So, I've decided I'll do it."

"You mean, you'll do it? As in, you'll figure out where they got that piece?" Topper chimes in.

"Once again Topper, talking to Rafe, but yes."