Chapter 42 - Scaredy Fox

It was easy avoiding the knights of Glacies but now I have the black spades suddenly searching for me.

That dimwit Damon must have alerted his assassins to find me.

Although the reason they couldn't catch me or see me anywhere is because I'm an experienced assassin too, and a well trained one unlike some.

So, passing them without them noticing was easy due to my acceptable knowledge of sneaking around.

"You decided to cure the human cub?" Homura whispered while I jumped over a fence.

"Yeah" I must save Benjamin in order to prevent Neil from getting ripped limb from limb by the goblins. It seems like I care about Neil but in reality, I just don't think it's fair for Neil to get heartbroken by that useless naïve heroine and then get killed when he could live in prosperity until his old age then die in the hands of an idiot.

I don't care what happens to him, it's just the way the author wrote his life, it was just unfair and brutal. And since I'm here and I know his cruel fate, I may possibly change it to make it fair, let him live the life he deserved before Ben died and Ariana fucked it up.

However, I need to get a dragon instead of going any further into the thought of his future.

"I'm not surprised. Do it for the shiny yellow stones they say" he clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. I looked down at him in disbelief.

"Can you stop with the gold. I'm not doing it for the gold I have a different purpose as to why I must cure Ben"

He yawned, his white teeth showing with a glint of shine as he did so. "Sure, sure. You have a specific purpose totally not for the shiny yellow stones you humans all kill each other for." He rolled his amber eyes at me.

A hint of mischief appeared in my eyes making the fox sink his head in. I traced my index finger on his fur, feeling how soft and silky the orange fur coat was on my finger. "You have a nice coat of fur. How much do you reckon I would get by selling it?"

"YOU DESPICABLE HUMAN. I KNEW IT, YOU'RE JUST KEEPING ME FOR MY FUR." He screamed, his little body trembling in my arms with his teeth clattering.

"ANY ANIMAL OUT THERE HEL-MMMM" I shut his snout before his screaming and whimpering revealed our hiding spot.

"I was only kidding" I whispered angrily. "Why do you have to be such a gullible fox"

"MMMMMM" I still held his snout shut so I was unable to hear what this snobby princess was saying. "Ooops" I released my grip yet another mistake I did because the snobby fox decided to bite me.

"OUCH!" I winced in pain, jerking my hand away and shook it to get rid of the pain. "That should teach you a lesson, you vile incompetent HUMAN" he shrieked, and his voice echoed through the alley way. I quickly slammed his jaw shut again while leaping over a gate and landing on the other side without a sound.

"Shut up!" I hissed quietly.

"MMMMM" he growled before escaping the grip the second time today and bit the side of my palm. Again.

"ARGH! You little shit" I wanted to choke this snobby princess and listen to him gag like how Homer strangles Bart.

'He is just a fox, Artemis, a fox, Artemis, He is just a snobby little fox that just likes to get under your skin.' I breathed in and out trying to calm my mind before I decide to murder him.

"No one, I mean NO ONE. Touches my fur and jokes about it." He hissed and growled, snapping his jaws at me. "I will bite off every long stick on your paw and chew it for pleasure."

I kept an angry smile on my face, telling myself he is just a fox, a creature of God, repeatedly to myself so I wouldn't put him in a choke hold and kill him.

"I hope a dragon eats you WHOLE" 'he is just an innocent creature created by god. A creature of god. Keep your cool. Artemis. He is just mad because we aren't listening to him.'

"The great lord is going to blast LIGHTNING" he screeched the last words into my ear, blasting a sound wave through my ear drum and popping it as he poked my cheek with his paw which wasn't injured. "At youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" he said into my left ear. "And you will be nothing but burnt human crisps." He snapped. "Nothing!" he hissed.

"Could you just shut up" I said with a triggered smile plastered on my face, veins popping out of my temples. 'This fox and his big mouth, how I wish I could sew it closed.'

"Not until you APOLOGISE to me and my fur, turn the other way and forget about riding a dragon" he huffed dramatically, spinning his head to the side, and pointing his black nose in the air like a drama queen he is.

"Listen hear you stubborn little shit, you started it, so I'm not going to apologise for something I 'didn't' do and second your fur isn't even alive. So, there is no point of me saying sorry when it can't even respond back. Third we are getting a dragon whether you like it or not. So shut your tramp before we get caught" I glared down at him, making him sink in a little but turned my gaze away as he took a left.

"I want my mummy" he mumbled, curling himself into a ball again.

"Don't we all." I said with sarcasm. He only responded with a groan. "A dragon better eat you before I wake up"

I rolled my eyes at his dumb responds. "You better wish you're not awake inside a dragon's belly" I snickered, waiting for his response.

He jolted his head up. "WHAT!"

I shushed him. "I was only kidding, geez" I rolled my eyes.

"How do I know you're not joking! You could be thinking to throw me inside a dragon's mouth for entertainment" he whispered angrily, spitting a few drops of salvia on my cheek.

"What a great idea" I smiled innocently. "I'll throw you in with the dragons and watch them feast on you as they tear you, limb from limb, as I watch in amusement" I wiped the drool off my cheek with my sleeve, smirking beneath my hood.

His body lightened as his head came falling down, dangling as I walked through the alleyway with his tongue sticking out.

Looking at him, he had fainted from the sheer shock.

"Stupid Fox"