Chapter 92 - A Bluff Lie

I jolted up from my sleep in a cold sweat that trickled down my brow, panting heavily as I did. My muscles were tense, and my neck ached from the uncomfortable position I slept on. Oddly enough I saw my hands tremble faintly while my throat went dry.

The dream.

The dream I had.... I paused and the sudden intense feeling came down as I realised, I had forgotten what the dream was about. It was all gone the moment I woke up, forgetting every single detail of it. It was completely gone, deleted from my memories just like a click of a button.

With an annoyed sigh, I leaned back and relaxed myself against the warm wooden wall. Placing my palm on my forehead, the overflowing of heat penetrated through, and I was stunned when I felt it.

'Do I have a fever?' I questioned myself, hoping it was just me being. I don't think I would be surprised if I do get sick due to the fact that Diana's body was never exposed to harsh environment or the ecosystem. I doubt her immune system is strong either, it's probably so weak or vulnerable just like Ariana's weak immune system.

Ariana wouldn't often get sick on the journey but when it came to a little harsh weather like a heavy rain or a hike over the cold mountains, she would get sick.

And guess who would stay by her side, aiding her to get better? No, it wasn't Damon, he was just there standing on the sidelines because he didn't know what to do. Let's just say he was like the side character that motivated the MC to get better or whatever.

It was Aspen. A gentle and knowledgeable royal mage who looked after her when she got sick.

Thinking of Aspen Chiaccio, he become crown prince not by the line of the throne but because he was favoured by the emperor. I can't remember many details about his family and background, but I presume his father had 3 wives and a few concubines.

None of them lived in harmony with each, as each wife had their own palace while the concubines lived in their own mansions provided by the emperor. It was common in their land to have many wives and concubines, probably because it was a little difficult to provide medicine in such harsh cold weathers.

If a child of the royal family were to get sick and they had no cure for them leaving them to die, the king wouldn't have to worry about having his line of monarchy end since he has other kids to take over.

And for that Aspen has or had, I don't know if some died or still living. 12 siblings in total, none however were related by full blood.

I think he was the 7th prince or the 5th. I don't know, I can't physically remember which line he come from but that he was given the title of crown prince because of the favour of his concubine of a mother.

Aspen was written as the kindest prince out of the five. He was skilled in magic and even though he did not have any healing abilities he could heal any wound or injury with water. He was fine young gentleman with very well-mannered skill, a husband material in so many mother and father's eyes for their daughters not to mention his handsome angel like appearance.

Hair the colour of gold that would shimmer under the sun, warm eyes colour of the waters surface which made any lady that looked into them fall deeply in love, skin so soft and warm just like an angel.

I'm just remembering what was written in the book and the Ariana's thoughts when she saw him for the first time.

Aspen was calm and polite with his words, never getting angry even at the slightest. He would keep a serene expression, solving the matter with words then violence. He was gentle with the ladies and kind towards the children of all status.