[0.2] Let's All Drown

Let's All Drown

Ava

"This is why I don't travel with boys." I whined as I sat in the backseat next to Michael. Luke called shot gun before I could, Ash was driving and Calum was In the car with MY friends. This sucks. I didn't want to be in here with these obnoxious beasts. Call me a salty bitch but you'd be pissed too if you were in my shoes.

"I swear it wasn't me." Michael laughed. One of the boys just took a fart and I don't even want to guess who it was.

"It was me and I am proud!" Luke looked at me through the rear view mirror and winked.

"Somebody roll down a window please." I couldn't roll mine down because the handle was broken. So convenient.

Ashton, being the only one of the three in the car to have a single bone of decency, rolled his window down.

"Thanks Ash, you're the only one with a heart."

"I know someone else who has a heart!" Luke blurted while Ashton just giggled.

"Shut up mama's boy." Michael took off his shoe and threw it towards Luke.

We had been traveling for about two weeks. We were either stopping at every food joint because the boys were hungry or stopping at a beach because the girls wanted to have fun. All I wanted to do was get to an amusement park and have some real fun.

I had taken a nap and I awoke up to an empty car. I knew these people would leave me in the car to suffocate.

I slowly opened the car door and realized we were at an empty beach. Great they came to drown each other at yet another beach.

Let's all drown. I quickly took off my shoes and put my socks inside them. I decided to leave my shoes behind so I set them down by my seat. I walked over to the shoreline and quickly saw the happy little group settled on top of a huge blanket with two picnic baskets in the middle. At least some people were having fun. I rolled my eyes just as I made eye contact with Luke. I sat down beside Riley and grabbed a sandwich from one of the baskets.

"Why didn't you guys wake me up?" I took a huge bite out of the sandwich.

"You looked peaceful and besides it's nice to have peace and quiet once in a while." Jen shrugged as she took a sip from a caprison juice pouch. So grown up.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I glared at her.

"She means you talk too much. Come on catch up." Calum clapped his hands together.

"I knew that, I'm not stupid."

"Can we just enjoy this." Riley stopped Jen right before she could hurt my already bruised ego even more.

We stayed quiet for a while. The only sounds we heard were the waves crashing against the boulders nearby. I didn't want to be near Jen or anyone for the matter, so I decided I was going to take a walk. Maybe the sound of the ocean would calm me down.

"Well I'm going for a walk." I got up and started to walk away.

"I'll come with." Michael left his sandwich on a paper plate as he got up to follow me.

I stared at him with disbelief written all over my face. Why would he leave food behind? Especially those sandwiches Jen and I worked so hard on.

We walked along the shore until we got to the boulders that were staggered along the sand in a weird sort of manner.

"It's nice here." His voice came out soft and quiet. His red hair whipped in the wind making it look like his hair was on fire.

"Yea, it helps me think." I took a seat on a boulder and let my knees come up to my chest.

"About what?"

"I don't know, life, i guess." I shrugged feeling like something was wrong.

"What ab-"

"Shhh." I stopped him mid sentence.

We stopped to listen to some growling and chomping noises. I hopped off the boulder and pulled Michael down and out of sight from the other side of the boulders.

"What the fuck." Michael mouthed to me.

I shrugged as i peeked behind the giant rock.

"Oh shit." I whispered as I felt my throat burning with bile. My eyes went wide in horror and I was frozen in place.

Michael came a little closer and took a look for himself. We stared at a middle aged man devouring a child. Sick. I don't mean that in the good way. We started tip toeing away from the awful scene just as Michael stepped on that nasty crunchy seaweed. The noise brought the man's attention towards us. He quickly but clumsily got up and started coming after us.

"Fuck." Michael's voice cracked.

We ran out of there lighting fast.

"GRAB YOUR SHIT!" Michael yelled at the group.

"What the hell is going on!" Jen screamed. 

"I don't know, just fucking run." I yelled back. My heart was pounding in my chest and my breathing was uneven.

Michael grabbed my hand and led me back to the car. I couldn't tell if this was actually happening or my sick twisted imagination was playing tricks on me.