Chapter 12: Deaton

We had already called the police and they arrived immediately. I was sitting on the curb while Scott and Stiles, which I don't know why he's here, were talking to the Sheriff. 

I was trying so hard not to cry. I have no idea where he is, I mean I just talked to him like 15 minutes ago.

Stiles's POV

"Two missing-" 

"Hang on, they were both in the car?"

 "No dad we're trying to tell you it was two separate kidnappings. Two doctors both gone." I tried explaining to him. 

"So who's car is this?" He asked again.

"Dr. Hollis' The ER doctor that works here. The on call Doctor was the one that never showed up." Melissa said to him.

"That's his daughter over there right?" He said pointing over to Brianna who was sitting on the curb. 

"Yeah, Brianna." Scott said. 

"Let me focus on getting the story here. Boys can you give us a second?" We nodded and walked off to the side.

"These are definitely sacrifices man." Scott said and I nodded. 

"Yeah the it's the one Deaton mentioned. Healers."

 "What about Danny? It's not a coincidence and if he hadn't been with Ethan... Danny's not a healer." I shook my head not knowing what to say.

I looked over at my dad who was on the phone. "Can you hear that?" Scott turned around listening. 

He turned around wide eyed. "They found a body."

***next morning in Chem.***

"Good morning, as you all know Mr. Harris is still missing. I-I mean sick, anyway uh I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay so, lets get started shall we?" Ms. Blake said.

I nudged Scott to get his attention. "Hey did you notice Brianna wasn't at school today." I said to him. 

"I bet she didn't want to come today, I mean her dad is missing." Scott said.

 "Okay well my dad said that the on call doctor wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation they just don't know how," I explained.

"Do you think Brianna's dad could still be alive?" 

"I don't know but Scott, there has gotta be at least twenty other doctors in that hospital. Any one of them could be next." Scott phone buzzed and he answered it fast before Ms. Blake could hear.

***

I called my dad once Scott told me what happened and Scott rushed over to the vet. I got there a little bit after him.

"Alright we're gonna do everything we can, right now the best thing you can do is go back to school." My dad said and walked back over to the other cop that was here.

Scott and I stood up and walked into another room so we could talk privatly. "We have to tell him." He said. 

"You mean like, tell him tell him? Or tell him something else that isn't telling him what i think you wanna tell him," I said nervously. 

"You know what I mean."

I bit my lip and shook my head. "Remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eye for like a week."

 "And she got over it."

I looked out the window that was on the door to look at my dad. "A-and it actually made us closer."

 "I don't know dude, I mean look at him. He's completely over-whelmed as it is." I motioned towards him.

"He's so over-welmed because he has no clue what's happening, he's got people dying in his town, the town he's supposed to protect. And it's not his fault he no idea what's happening. He's gonna find out sooner or later."

"Yeah but is now really the right time?" I looked back at Scott.

 "What if not telling him now gets some one else killed?"

"What if telling him get him killed?! Huh? I mean look I get that Deaton has been some what of a father to you, I get that. Okay but this isn't- Scott this is my actual father. I can't handle-" I paused and took a deep breath. 

"I can't lose both my parents, alright? Not both of them." My mind raced to Brianna. She told me her mom is dead, and now her dad is most likely gonna be dead, or already dead.

"You're right." Scott said.

 I sighed and looked down at my feet. "No I'm not. I'm not right." I bit my lip and gulped. "I'll tell him." 

Scott nodded, "I'll help you."

He looked over at the door and we started to walk out. "Please what ever you need, however you can help find my brother." Ms. Morrell? 

"Will you excuse me for a second?" My dad said and he walked out of the vet.

Scott and I looked at each other. 'Brother?' I mouthed to him. She then walked over to us.

 "Listen closely both of you, no Sheriff, deputy, or detective is going to be able to find him." She said to us.

"You don't have to ask us for help." Scott said. 

"Actually, I'm trying to help you. Because if you're going to find my brother then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out the supernatural."

I turned to Scott when it all clicked. "Lydia."