Chapter 22: On

I sat in a chair playing with my hair as I watched them pour ice into three tubs of water and mistletoe. "So they're gonna die?" I asked.

"Yes but I can bring them back."

"They aren't gonna be like me are they? Cause I died to become this way."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. "You died?" I nodded and stood up walking over to a counter and picked up some tool and played with it in my hands.

"Yup! She rubbed some stuff on my temples, chanted some words, then sliced my neck. Now, here I am." I smiled showing off my fangs.

They continued to put ice in the tubs. "Wanna know what else I can do?" I said running up behind Stiles, making him drop some badge.

"Y-you were just over there."

I laughed and walked back over to where I was sitting earlier. "I'm really fast, and strong." I said breaking the metal tool in my hands.

I watch as Deaton pours the last bag of ice into the tub. "Alright," Deaton says getting everyone's attention off of me.

"What'd you bring?" He asks. I watch as Stiles pick up the badge from the ground.

"Uh, I got my dad's badge," He says, holding it up sheepishly. "Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand so I tried hammering it out a bit, but it still doesn't look right."

"It doesn't need to look good if it has meaning," Deaton tells him before Isaac cut in.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" He asks Allison and I glance over to see her holding one in her hand.

"Yeah, my dad made it," She explains. "It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all of the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code."

"Scott?" Deaton asks and Scott's jaw is slightly agape.

"My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital," Scott explains shakily. "She used to say it was the only thing in her marriage that ever worked."

"Okay, the three of you will get in," Deaton explains. "And each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... well, dead, but it's not just someone to hold you under, it needs to be someone who can pull you back."

"Someone that has a strong connection to you," Deaton continues. "Someone that you have an emotional tether to."

I watch as Lydia walks over to Allison. "Brianna," I look up at Deaton confused. "You go with Stiles." My eyes meet Stiles.

"Me? I-I don't know if I can be the one, to k-kill someone." I twiddled my thumbs nervously. I felt a pinch in my stomach when I met Stiles' eyes.

"I'm trying to do this thing where I don't kill anyone and I'm doing good so far." I said looking over at Isaac.

"If everything goes right, they'll wake up. But it shouldn't matter to you if you kill anyone right? I mean you turned off your humanity; nothing should matter." Deaton says and I stand up slowly.

 How does he know that?

"Y-yeah. It doesn't matter." I walked over to the tub, eyeing it with curiosity. 

Allison, Scott, and Stiles made there way over to the tubs. I watch as Allison dips her foot in, letting out a shaky breath due to the cold.

Stiles glances back at me, fear in his eyes. I nod softly and give him a small, reassuring smile.

I watch as he steps into the tub, slowly bringing his body into the freezing water. I watch as his body begins to shake on impact. He lets out shaky breaths as he begins to shiver, his lips already turning a soft shade of blue.