Chapter 16: First Feed

Brianna's POV

My eyes slowly open. The brightness of where I am is to overwhelming it's hard to keep them open.

I feel a weight upon my arms and legs. I groan and try to sit up but they hold me down. My head is pounding.

"Oh you're awake." I hear an unfamiliar voice say. 

"Where am I?" I ask finally able to keep my eyes open.

"You're at an Animal Clinic." I turn my head to the side to see a man smiling at me. He seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

"How did I get here? Why can't I move?" He stayed silent as he shined a light into my eyes. 

"Who did this to you?" I looked at him confused.

"Paleness and sensitivity to light is a sign, but if you hadn't attacked me it would be hard to figure out what you are, but it's obvious now."

"Who are you? How did I get here?" I asked trying to break whatever was holding me down.

 "Memory loss is another. But that is only the beginning. Wow you are very new."

"Who did this to you?" He asked again. "Was it another, or something else?"

I had began to become angrier as I tried to set myself free. "Let me go!" I shouted. Why am I so angry? It's like everything I have ever been mad about is all just rushing back at me.

Snap.

I looked down as I felt my arms free. I looked back at the man, who's name I still not knew, and saw he was shocked.

I sat up and broke my legs free. I stood up, about to run out the door but my brain felt like it was on fire.

I held onto my head and fell to my knees. "It's going to be alright it's part of the transition. You need to sit down," he said to me.

He helped me to my feet and sat me down in a chair. "Who are you?" I asked, letting go of my head and looked up at him.

"My name is Dr. Deaton," he smiled kindly.

"How did I get here?"

 "How about we make a deal, i'll answer one of your questions if you answer one of mine. Deal?" I nodded slowly.

"I'm not sure how you found your way here but when you got here, you were covered in blood and you tried to attack me. You do know what you are right?" He asked me.

"It worked?" I asked standing up, looking at my hands. He was right, I am covered in blood.

I smiled to myself. It worked. "Who did this to you?" I smirked and walked over to him. 

"I don't have to tell you anything." And with that I was out of there in seconds.

I ran till I found myself at my house. I went up to my room and changed out of my clothes and into something that wasn't covered in blood.

My head started hurting again as I was about to walk out of my room. I leaned on the door-frame and held my head.

When it stopped I made my way into my bathroom. I propped myself on the sink and looked in the mirror.

I winced in pain as the gums in my mouth started to hurt. I looked into the mirror and saw two sharp teeth on the top.

My eyes widened and I took a step back from the mirror. I walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs into the living room, where I saw a picture of me and my parents.

I started to cry. I know it's sad that they are gone, but I'm bawling my eyes out at this point. It wouldn't take one look at a picture to make me cry but I couldn't stop.

I picked up the picture and threw it to the floor, shattering the glass. My emotions were crazy right now. It's like everything is... Oh that's rights. I remember reading that my emotions are heightened; along with my hearing, strength, and speed.

I just need to calm down. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Just focus on something that makes you happy.

Ugh! I can't focus when I'm starving! I walked into my kitchen and pulled out stuff to make a sandwich.

Once I finished making the sandwich and I practically shoved it in my mouth I was so hungry.

The second I took my first bite I felt like I was gonna throw up. I spit it out in the sink and wiped my mouth.

This was disgusting. Nothing was expired or anything, it just tasted really gross. I tried eating something else, but everything I ate was just gross.

I could feel anger boil up inside of me. Is this another vampire thing? I can't eat a freakin' thing?!

I pushed everything off the counter out of anger. I could feel my head start hurting again and I fell to my knees once again.

"I'm okay babe, it's just a scratch." I lifted my head up. 

"Hello? Is someone there?" I stood up slowly.

"You're bleeding, we should head back to the car and go home, clean that up." I walked towards my back door and opened it, walking out of my house and to the woods behind my house.

"Jack I'm fine, lets just finish our hike." I ran towards the sound. And in seconds I realized I was on the hiking trail, which is about a mile behind my house.

I saw a boy and a girl sitting on a rock beside the trail. I walked up behind them. "Everything okay?" I asked. They both jumped and looked at me.

"Whoa you came out of no where; and yes, everything is fine. I just fell and scraped my knee." The girl said laughing a little.

I looked over at her knee and saw blood running down her leg. I walked over to them and sat down. "That looks pretty bad, what happened?"

"She decided to be a show off and try to run ahead of me, but then she fell." The boy said smiling at her. She made a face at him and pushed him.

I looked back at her leg and watched the blood run down her leg. I couldn't help but stare. The blood it's too- "Hey whats wrong with your eyes?"

I looked up at her and I could feel my teeth start hurting again. She stood up from the rock in fear and her and the guy backed away.

"Is everything okay?" The guy asked. I stood up and slowly started walking towards them. 

"Everything's fine, I'm just... hungry." I then lashed out at the girl.

She screamed when my teeth hit her neck. I didn't even know what I was doing. It was like a reflex.

I pulled away when she stopped screaming. I could feel tears fall from my eyes when she fell dead to the ground. I looked down at myself and saw blood drip from my mouth and onto my clothes.

I just killed her. I looked up at the guy who was standing there watching me in horror. "I'm sorry." I choked out to him through my tears and lashed out to him.