The Great Fire of Rushfield

Washington DC, United States of America. 1789

"Dad?" 17 year old, innocent Willam said. Bartholomew was startled. "Boy! you were not supposed to see this" he shouted. William looked around. "See what? what's going on dad? what's in the bag?" he said. "Boy, you are asking one too many questions!" He cried. William got closer. " Dad is that a body?" He said again. Bartholomew was quiet. William was frightened. "Dad, answer me goddammit!" William raised his voice. He got closer and closer. Bartholomew looked down. "Boy, I think it's time I told you," He said softly. "Told me what. dad" William was confused.

Bartholomew opened the bag and that's when it happened. An intense Luminous light shuns out blinding everyone near. It lasts a few seconds but that had already done damage. William just laid there unable to move. He slowly got up and electricity ran all through his veins, the moment he had seen it, he fainted... 

RushField High, California 2021 -- School --

The school had arranged an assembly with the Freshman year, talking about the situation before it gets out to be worse.

"A girl died today," -Pc Lance "No, She was murdered in her own school" She pauses " A school that was meant to be a safe place for young girls like her," She continued. " I've said this before and let me say it again, This will not be tolerated by Rushfield High, We will get to the bottom of this and will get justice for poor, Amy Price." " The school day will end shorter than before due to the ongoing investigation" She ends her paragraph " Thank you" Then goes to sit down with her partner Pc. Andrews. And almost immediately the students start screaming and shouting 

" This isn't fair!"

"There's a killer in the school"

"What are you doing to get justice!"

" We aren't safe!"

"Do better!"

"No one is safe in their own school!!"

And all kinds of other things, Anika and the others were completely silent, not saying a word to each other.

When the assembly finally ends and Anika walks out with her class line she sees Mr. and Mrs. Price (Amy's parents) walking in through the reception. "Anika.." Mrs. Price says. Anika walks over to them. "Mrs. Price I'm so sorry for everything!" " She was my best friend I should have kept an eye on her" Anika said regrettably. 

"None of us could have known, Anika..." " All I ask of you is that you stay safe, I've spoken to your parents.. to keep a closer eye on you girls." Mrs. Price says as she unzips her leather jacket and untangles her long blonde hair " I promise, Mrs. Price, I'll be safe" Anika said then after hugging her. " I have to go now, we are packing up our thing ready to go home," She says. Mrs. Price puts her hand on Anikas' shoulder and smiles then lets her go. 

As Anika walks back to her class she begins to cry again

"Amy.." She says softly while sobbing quietly. She enters her class and grabs her things, on her way out the gang joins her and they walk together, but once again not saying anything to each other until Rosie breaks the silence.

"My house...4:15.....today" She forcefully said.

They all walk outside school, going separate ways but all Anika can think about was the note that said: " Karma's a bitch" and linking it to what Cerys had said to her. Could Cerys really be involved in Amy's death? and if she was, How could she have killed someone when she was with the police officers? were the police officers involved?

Rosies House, 4:20 pm

They were all on the couch waiting for Anika to come. " Ice tea anyone?" Rosie said. "Is Anika even going to show up?" Natalie said. " It feels like we're waiting for Amy too," Gracie said totally ruining the mood. There's a silent pause and tension in the air.