Eleven

A/N: Just a few more chapters and the Titan's curse arc of this story will be over. I thank you all for staying by my side and supporting me from the start of this story. I hope this chapter exceeds expectations and tell me what you think about it, alright? I'll try to be more consistent in my updates and I would like it if you all visited my personal profile and checked out a few of the stories I will be releasing soon. Leave a vote or kudos if you liked the chapter and a comment or review to tell me what you think. Thanks for reading!

-TripleHomicide.

LUKE glanced around him, biting his lip anxiously. Calypso was hiding away from the world, in this secluded town. She had told him only a few gods knew her location and that was it. The daughter of Atlas had attacked him with her magic when he'd said her name. And he hadn't been able to defend against her because who had ever heard of a sword cleaving through a choking spell? He had managed to tell her he was a demigod and not a Titan or monster and she had let him go, although still wary. He honestly didn't know how he had ended up in the small house she lived in, at the edge of the small town. Luke and his faithful companion, Blackjack, had followed her there and she had given the pegasus some food.

He did not trust her—not after what he had seen from Perseus' memory. Not after what he'd watched her do to Thalia's friend. As he stared at the titaness, he got a faint feeling that she looked like someone he knew. But he could not, for the life of him, remember. Calypso had allowed him to stay the night and after a lot of hesitation, he had. But he hadn't slept. Not one wink. Now it was dawn and she had called him down for breakfast.

The girl set a plate of bacon, toast and eggs in front of him, with a glass of juice. "Eat," she commanded. He eyed the food, not touching it.

"If I was going to kill you, Luke, don't you think I would have done so last night while you dozed off in your attempt to stay awake through the night?" Oh. So he had slept.

He still didn't touch the food, though. "I promise it's not poisoned, son of Hermes," The caramel haired girl took a seat in front of him. At his silence, she huffed. "Fine, if you're not going to eat, you can start answering my questions. How did you find me?"

He was still wary and uneasy. But he found himself speaking, although he didn't want to divulge anything important to her. She might have been an ally to the gods during the first Titan war but she had used deception to aid them to win. She could switch sides at any moment. "It wasn't intended," He said, looking into her almond eyes. "I was travelling to San Francisco and happened to stop here to rest." Calypso didn't look like she believed him.

"A demigod, travelling to San Francisco of his own accord? That's a bit hard to believe, boy." Her words made him lick his lips and he suddenly remembered who she reminded him of. Zoë Nightshade had the same angular and lithe features as Calypso, but with different hair and eyes. He frowned as Calypso cleared her throat. "Tell me the truth, Castellan."

"I am," He said, lips pursed. "I'm on a quest. I got separated from my quest members somewhere in New Mexico, in the Junkyard of the Gods."

She leaned back, eyes narrowing. "You're part of the quest to find Artemis and Apollo, are you?" He nodded his affirmation.

Calypso sighed, standing, "So you are all going to meet your death, then? Like the thick, stupid demigods you are." He frowned again, eyes glinting dangerously. He didn't care if she had magic or was one of the greatest sorceresses in the world. Sure, the life of a demigod was hard and brutal. But who was she to judge? She was a titaness, fully immortal, with some wicked powers. She didn't have to worry about being killed if she so much as took a wrong step while walking.