Two

A/N: Hello. Just to clear some things up, Thalia is fourteen now, in this story, and Luke is sixteen. I know its confusing, but bear with me. All will be explained soon. Also, Thalia was never turned into a tree. The tree was created, yes, but she escaped just in time. Oh, and Annabeth is fourteen too.

Okay so a friend of mine wanted a double update but I'm sorry, I can't. This chapter took me almost four hours to write and edit and I don't have enough time for another one, lol. Sorry, Chris.

Credit for the sword in the stone idea goes to @ChrisQuaynor and credit for the other ideas (which I will not reveal now) also go to @ZelotArchon and @dwarvess.

Anyway, here is your update! Vote, leave a comment, a kudos, a follow, a favorite, or a review. It's very appreciated. Also, this story can be found on A03 and fanfic.net too :)

I present to you, Chapter Two.

The hunters sat very very far away from Apollo. Thalia bit her bottom lip in distaste as she noticed Bianca sitting next to them. At the front of the bus, Apollo stood, chattering away with Nico di Angelo, who seemed to have gotten over his sister's... betrayal.

He was firing questions to the sun god so rapidly Thalia was surprised Apollo was able to answer them all. The son god stopped almost every five seconds to recite a horrible haiku and the sun chariot still hadn't taken off yet.

Thalia's eyes flickered over to the boy, who was asking eagerly, "Can I drive this?"

Apollo chuckled, and ruffled his hair, making Nico squirm. "No can't do, kid. You're too young. Maybe when you hit thirteen or something."

Nico pouted, and Apollo's gaze swept through the entire bus. Before landing on her.

Hell, no. Thalia scooted away from the god of the sun slightly, but Apollo was already making his way to her. "Thalia Grace! You'll be perfect for this. Your dad's the god of the sky."

She shook her head adamantly, but Apollo insisted, "C'mon. How old are you?"

Thalia hesitated for a bit, before speaking, 'Uh...fourteen."

Apollo's brow creased. "Oh. I always thought you were sixteen. Are you sure?"

Thalia gave him curt nod. "Positive."

The sun god sighed, before turning his gaze to the son of Hermes who was sitting by her side. "Do you want to drive, Castellan?"

Luke frowned, before saying uncertainly, "Uh, yeah, sure." Thalia made way for him as he walked past. She didn't know if he could still drive or not, but she was positive he wasn't going to kill them all. She pulled out her iPod from her jeans pocket, and stuck her earbuds into her ears. She knew it was risky for demigods to have cell phones. She, along with Luke and...Annabeth, were the only ones who owned them in Camp Half-Blood. The signals from the devices attracted monsters, but she was sure no monster would try to attack her while she was in the sun chariot. Well, unless they had a death wish, that is.

She watched as Luke eased himself into the driver's seat, flexing his fingers. Green Day blasted in her ears, and she smirked slightly as Luke gripped the steering wheel, uneasiness flickering across his features. It had been two years since he had driven anything. Two years ago, while they were on the run. When they had met Annabeth and Grover.

He'd stolen a car to get them from Connecticut to New York. He'd been fourteen then and she and Annabeth had been twelve. They'd almost gotten pulled over by the police several times. She smiled faintly at the memory, and shut her eyes.