Twenty-Three

So. I'm going to repeat what I said in Excidium Troiae for those who didn't read it there. "I know this took long. I didn't intend to return back to writing fanfiction after my abrupt (and planned) disappearance. But someone told me to give it this one last shot. I've unpublished the guardians because it didn't really get the support I'd hoped it would, and that was partly my fault. I'll take it up again soon, but only when all corrections have been made.

Updates won't be constant. I have a life. I have obligations. I honestly don't care anymore if you don't like the story or if you have a problem. You can fuck off. Find another fanfiction to waste your life with. Stop reading. My writing isn't the best, I know, but keep your opinions to yourself unless it contributes positively to the story. And mind your own fucking business, please :)

...I'm in a bad mood and I might come off as a bit aggressive but tbh I couldn't care less.

Heads up: Idk where this is going or what's supposed to happen next. Excuse me if the writing's shitty or the characters seem different -_-

THALIA glanced up at once more at the skyline, waiting patiently. Her fingers were drumming against the shaft of her weapon in its concealed form as she leaned back in her seat. He had told her that it would be today. And she had been waiting all afternoon in the back of the old Prius, listening to Rachel and Luke stumble over their words, and exchange bedroom eyes and attempt to hold hands.

Thalia would have never envisioned something like that happening. But well, Luke seemed to honestly like Rachel and was trying not to blow his chances. She guessed it would have been so much easier if she hadn't been seated behind them, smirking at everything they did.

Her gaze drifted back to the skyline and she sat up when she spotted the creature hurtling towards them. It was a brown pegasus, Thalia saw, and seated on it was the burly Hephaestus cabin head, their friend Beckendorf.

Rachel gave a small yelp as four hooves slammed into the hood of the Prius. She heard a loud apology from Beckendorf, and then she was out of the car. Luke was by her in an instant as they approached the now unseated son of Hephaestus.

"What took you so long?" She grumbled, folding her arms.

Beck chuckled, and replied with, "I've never met anyone as suicidal as you, you know." Thalia rolled her eyes at him and asked, "So we're finally ready?"

"Yeah," His expression turned grim. The mission they were embarking on could get both of them killed. But Thalia wouldn't allow herself to think about that. They would come out unscathed.

They had to.

She turned to glance at her side. Rachel was standing next to Luke now, although she didn't know when the other girl had gotten out of the car, and Thalia felt a mild pang inside her. This would be the first mission she and the son of Hermes weren't going on together. Luke was worried, and rightfully so.

Infiltrating Kronos' mobile monster base wasn't any small task. But she'd literally found her way into his throne room a year ago. She could do it again.

The dark haired demigoddess placed a hand on her friend's arm. "It'll be fine. We'll just go, plant the bombs, and get back. In and out, just like that. We'll be back at Camp before you know it."

Luke didn't look reassured, but he nodded anyway. "Take care, then." She patted his arm, hesitantly. Even though they had gotten past what had happened last year, Thalia still felt weird hugging Luke, knowing that he had loved her as more than a friend for most of their relationship. She was aware of Beckendorf jumping onto the waiting pegasus.

The blue eyed daughter of Zeus adjusted the strap of her backpack, and turned to the neighing horse. Beckendorf held out a hand and she took it, allowing the strong demigod to haul her behind him.