Twenty-eight

A/N: This is going to be a long one. Around 10k words, I think. But there's only about three chapters left!

"WE'VE GOT VISITORS," Bianca said, once she had successfully shaken Thalia awake. The daughter of Zeus blinked owlishly, trying to clear her eyes and focus. "A Titan wants to see you," Bianca continued, "under a flag of truce. He has a message. From Kronos."

That woke her up fully. Thalia pursed her lips and sat up from the comfortable bed, a grim frown appearing on her face. "Okay," She nodded. "Let's go."

She rose, grabbing her leather jacket from the nightstand and putting on her combat boots at the same time. When she was done, Thalia followed Bianca out of the room.

They could see the white flag from a mile away, and as they approached, her hand moved to the mace canister in her pocket. The flag was carried by a blue giant, and she heard Bianca make a sort of strangled noise. "The Hyperboreans. They sided with Kronos?"

"You've met them?"

"Yeah. They're usually peaceful, and they usually don't leave the North."

Thalia's frown deepened, but she continued moving, catching sight of the three figures behind the giant. She instantly noticed Ethan Nakamura, and had the sudden urge to run him through. Her mouth felt bitter. Beside Ethan was a tall man in a dark blue tuxedo. Thalia didn't recognise him, but she knew he was probably the Titan. Leading the trio was a woman, fully decked in armour, but weaponless. Her helmet was held under her arm as she advanced.

"You didn't say Athena was here," Thalia cocked a brow in Bianca's direction.

"She wasn't before," Her cousin's brows knitted. "What do you think they want?"

"Probably want Thalia to surrender," Grover finally spoke up from her side, where he had appeared a few minutes earlier. "Maybe they'll propose exchanging your freedom for our lives."

"Seems like something Kronos would do," Beckendorf hummed from Grover's side.

Thalia exhaled. "Whatever it is, we're not going to stop fighting. But let's hear them out." The others nodded, and they continued walking, finally coming to a stop at the Heckscher Playground. Kronos' party stopped a few feet away from them.

"Thalia Grace," The Titan stepped forward. "I have heard a lot about you. It's an honour to finally meet in person."

She resisted the urge to sneer. "I wish I could say the same."

The man laughed. "My, you are a feisty one. Perhaps Perseus isn't so stupid, for abandoning his own blood for you."

Thalia clenched her fist around her mace canister. "It's a pity the same can't be said about you, seeing how you're here with Athena and not at the Library with him, I guess you're not the brightest crayon in the box."

Athena snorted. "Still as cheeky as ever. I knew we should have allowed Poseidon and Hades to smite you down when they wanted to."

She glared at Annabeth's mother. The hate she had for this woman, for corrupting her best friend, was extreme.

"Now, now," the Titan held his hands. "We did not come to argue. Only to parley with you."

Thalia ignored him, meeting Ethan's eyes. He looked tired, and his face was bruised and swollen. Good. He caught her gaze and immediately glanced away, and she turned her attention back to the Titan before her.

"To business, then," He stretched out his hand. "I am Prometheus."

The daughter of Zeus tried not to seem too surprised. She forced a smile onto her face and shook his hand. "Now, Thalia Grace," He gave her a winning grin. "Let's talk."