Chapter 3

Danny Brown's POV:

I walk towards my restaurant with a happy face. Reminiscing the flying kiss and staring at her lovely face. But the stare had lasted only a moment as Sun had betrayed me again.

A car honking on the road startles me. I turn towards the sky and pray. "Dear God, let an ocean gulp this car too."

My face turns colorless as I see Beechy running towards me with open arms. "Did I pray in Chinese?"

I take out my phone and dial Olive instantly. "Can't live without me for a moment, Brownie?" she asks in a sweet tone.

"Yes I can't, Olive. How are you?"

"Really? It's been merely 15 minutes."

"I know. Tell me what you did in those minutes?"

"Well. I did bowel movements and brushed my teeth. Then I got under the shower and started thinking about you," she says in a chummy voice.

"Go on. I wanna know your shower thoughts about me."

"I'm not telling you that until." She hangs up.

Until what? I get crushed under someone's grip and die due to lack of air? I wonder. Beechy looks straight into my eyes. I feel the air getting thinner already.

"Danny, Thank god I got you here I was going to your house only," says Beechy panting.

Why? Didn't choke me enough yesterday? Opposite to my inner feelings, I put on a nice smile and ask politely, "What happened?"

"A man at the restaurant is saying all nonsense about you. He says you're a serial killer." She says, narrowing her eyes on me.

"But you don't believe him right?" I ask frightened.

"Of course not. How can you be?" She turns her eyes to normal. "Come and stop his nonsense talks." She grabs my hand.

"I kinda have to go home. Olive is not well. She just called me." I show her my phone which luckily still had its light on showing Olive as the last call.

"Okay. We'll deal with him." She lets me free and pads.

I turn back and run to my house. I ring the bell and Olive opens the door smiling. "Stop being so desperate to know my shower thoughts, Brownie."

"I'll not force you until you decide to say it." I walk into the hall and taking a glass of water I sit on the couch. Dreaded thoughts cloud my mind.

Who could that be? Maybe that corrupt cop Mark's friend. If he can come to the restaurant then he can come here too. If he comes here, it'll only lead him to more evidence and put Olive at risk too.

I rush into my bedroom. "Where did I put it? C'mon." I rummage through all the drawers and corners of the room.

"Maybe you should fix the broken fireplace in my room upstairs. I'll move there," she calls out loud from the hall.

"Okay Olive. I'll get it done by today. I promise." I keep my search on. Sweat runs like water around my forehead.

"Why are you suddenly agreeing with me on everything?" she asks loudly.

'Cause I don't wanna disagree with you," I reply, opening a small wooden box.

"What kind of answer is that?"

"A logical one." I take the gun out from the wooden box and fill its magazine to the fullest. Sliding the box under the bed. I hide the gun under my shirt and run into the hall.

"I was just joking about moving." She prompts. I keep running towards the exit. "I'm staying here. Did you hear that?" Her voice fades in my background as I run on the road.

I run the entire way to my restaurant and stop at the door only to catch my breath. I pull out my gun from the waistband and step in with light steps.

All the lights are turned off as if a trap has been set for me. "Come out and face me. You coward," I yell.

A cracking sound comes from around the cash counter. I double-tap towards it. A Coke glass bottle shatters into pieces. Beechy rises up from behind it. "I'm so sor-" my words get cut off as a strong blow hits my backhead.

I fall flat on my face. A kick in the stomach from a heavy leg turns me. A familiar face appears in my blurry vision. "What the hell are you-" Another blow in the head knocks me unconscious.

My eyes open after a while and I see myself tied to a chair. I look around and recognize the place to be my restaurant's storage room. A pool of blood is under my feet. "What the hell? Is that my blood?"

"Not yours. But your victim's." My double-sized chef Robo walks in with server Victor following him from behind.

"You're making a big mistake Robo. I'm not a serial killer." I say with conviction.

"Then why do you have a gun and why does that bag spill so much blood, Danny?" asks Victor.

"Those bags have dead bodies, Victor. He used to distract me with a kiss when going on his body dumping trip," explains Robo.

"And I've verified all that man said," adds Beechy.

"It was you who hit me. Right, Robo?" I ask as I see a bread roller in his hand.

He nods. "Yes and we're gonna kill you too."

"Wait a minute. First, let me know about the detective. Did you kill her too?" asks a man under the shadows as light comes into the room only from behind him.

"I'm not telling you anything about her." I deny angrily.

"Very well then. He's all yours." The man turns back and walks out.