Chapter 12

Ghost Hunter's POV:

"Not Danny. I meant you were right, Detective. She might be out of range," I explain.

The detective stands up and wipes her tears instantly. Walking up to me she raises her right hand and slaps me. "That had made my heart stop, Creep."

I adjust my displaced jaw. Danny looks at me with a sympathetic face but gives obvious and unuseful info. "She hits hard, man. Don't upset her."

So I give him one useful info. "Actually her slapping hand speed was 5 mtr/sec and weighed 200 gms. Since cooking is actually only heating, with that speed & weight of hand she can cook a chicken of 1kg in just 2 lac slaps."

He clasps his hands over his chest and raises his eyebrows. "You think cooking is just heating?"

"I don't think so. It's a fact, Danny."

His hands slide down from chest and he grips fingers hard to form fists. He must be very attached to cooking being a restaurant owner. But I don't understand why he got angry when I simply stated a fact.

With red cheeks and glowing fists he advances towards me. Detective grabs his left arm and pulls him back. She shushes him and asks me, "What happened to your NASA JAXA shit?"

"My device has been working fine all the time. It can't detect her cause she's in 13th Dimension," I say.

But seeing them confused I ask, "How many dimensions do you think our universe has?"

Danny shows me 3 fingers and counts on them iterating, "Length, breadth and depth."

I explain further, "Nope. Our universe is a hexadecealmverse i.e having 16 dimensions. If a supernatural creature is in the 13th dimension they lose all their supernatural powers and live like a normal human so my device can't detect them."

"How much normal like human? Can she be touched? Can she die instead of form change to strings?"

"Yes she can be touched and can die like a normal human too."

"But if the killer took her, how do we know she's still alive?" he asks frightened.

"I know it in my heart."

They both stand stunned with my reply for a moment. Then Danny pats on my shoulder with a lowered gaze. "What do we do now?"

"We'll bring her back. Where is that killer's corpse?"

"Captain Jaffer's body is in Ghana Cemetery along with other people who died in ship sinking," replies the detective.

"Let's go then." I step towards the exit door. They come following me and get settled in the backseat of my car. I drive the car at blazing speed.

We reach the cemetery in a few minutes. We walk past the main gate and see many graves.

"I'm not sure what we are doing here exactly?" asks the detective.

"See the killer is holding Laura captive. Burning his body will make his soul incapacitated for a moment. So a time window for Laura to escape," I explain and walk further into the cemetery.

Something troubles Danny as his face becomes pale. He starts running into the cemetery. After completing a whole tour he comes back to us.

"We've got a problem, man," he says panting heavily.

"What?"

"All the graves are unnamed. We can't identify Jaffer's or anyone's grave here."

His words send waves of despair inside me. I'm not much of an emotional guy but when it comes to Laura I'm not able to control my feelings. I fall on my knees.

If that killer has her. Every second is precious to her. Although all spirits are equally powerful in the 13th dimension, I don't know for how much time Laura can defend such an evil soul.

With blurred vision I see a grave in front. There are no gravestone, just muds are put over wooden coffins thus no names to identify anyone.

"Don't lose hope yet man. We'll find another way," says Danny pulling me up with all his strength.

I stand up gripping my fists into their palms. I turn towards him. "Bring the petrol and explosives from the car."

"How much?" he asks, padding towards car.

"All of it."

He stands frozen for a moment and then blinks with sympathy and understanding all over his face.

He comes back and hands me a big bottle and a few explosives. I take it and start planting it on various graves. Danny imitates me.

Detective stands at her place and asks confused, "What are you guys exactly doing?"

"If I'll have to burn the whole world to get to her then be it."

Detective drops her jaw in shock as she understands my plan. She stays frozen for a moment but then starts helping Danny.

We move to a safe distance from the cemetery and I throw a matchstick on a trail of petrol I had made from the cemetery to us.

In moments various graves explode and the whole cemetery gets engulfed in giant flames of fire. Black smoke fills the air and we cough hard. The heat makes our eyes teary.

Inside the giant black smoke I see a familiar face. Laura's. Her eyes are sore and tears are rolling down her cheeks. "Save me, Vadi," she screams.

I run towards the smoke, putting my hands over my nose. But when her face disappears I raise my hands up and wave all around to clear the smoke. My lungs get filled with it and coughing I collapse to the ground fainted.

I get awake after a while and find myself placed in the car's backseat. Danny and the detective are hunched over me with worried faces.

I rise and sit straight. I look around desperately but don't find Laura anywhere.

"We heard her screams too. But she couldn't come back. The evil soul of the killer seems very strong," informs Danny as I look at the earpiece in his right ear.

I run my hands over my face. Laura's face in the smoke from earlier revives in my brain. Her painful scream makes my heart squeeze.

"There's only one way now. I'll have to go to the 13th dimension," I inform.

"But you said it's for the supernatural and you're mere human so is it even possible?" asks Danny.

"I can go in but can't come back."

Silence descends upon them. I step out of the car while they stay seated, probably figuring out what to say on my demise.

"He's saying he'll die to save her. You see how illogical that sounds?" Comes the detective's voice comes from inside the car.

"It's love not logic," replies Danny aptly and steps out of the car.

She comes out following him and they both stand beside me looking towards the setting sun.

"My name is Vadim Saltzar. Remember it when I'm gone."