Chapter 7

Olivia Denver's POV:

"My profession is better than your detective. I don't have to deal with these minions." Creep whispers in my ears as a cop puts a handcuff in my hands.

I nod in agreement. A ghost killed four people brutally and walked away smiling. While we get arrested for distorting a crime scene. All three of us are compelled to sit in the backseat of a police car.

"Hey, you left one of us free." Brownie teases the cops, referring to Laura. We all laugh and the cops turn to us with confused faces.

Cops ignite the engine and the car starts moving. "Aren't you two supposed to investigate?" I ask the cops.

"We've identified the type of crime. It's been in series now. A special team is assigned for it," replies the driver cop.

"Aren't we that team?" Brownie chuckles.

"Hell we are," announces Creep. I smile too.

"What does Laura say?" Brownie asks.

"She agrees too. And says she likes you."

"He's lying, Brownie." I disagree.

"I don't lie, Detective," Creep says with conviction.

"Can't Laura do some mumbo jumbo to flip this car?" Brownie asks. Cops lower the car's speed.

"Higher degree of interaction with the physical world would require higher strength."

"I see. How does she talk to you only?" Brownie asks.

"I've taken years of training. But I've got an easy solution for you."

"How? Killing and turning us to ghosts." Brownie laughs out loud.

"Shut up, Brownie. Hey, how did that ghost carry saltwater and that smell there? I mean his body wasn't there so?" I ask.

"As I said earlier about higher interaction. I think this ghost has a lot of strength. Honestly, I've never seen such a case till now."

A dead silence descends upon all of us. The car keeps moving at a low speed and stops near the police station.

As we get inside, a familiar face gazes at us. "What the hell are you guys doing here?" asks Walter, Brownie's friend.

"We're investigating the mass murder case," replies Brownie.

"I should have guessed it when she asked me about Spencer's," says Walter, turning to me.

"I want to find the killer, Walter, and also clear his name." I lay out the facts.

"What?" Walter gives a confused look.

"She's right, Walter. The killer in my case and all of this series are the same." Brownie explains.

A bit more explaining by Brownie and me convinces him. He picks our handcuffs and drops us at our home with best wishes.

"What are we gonna do now?'' asks Brownie, walking into the hall.

"I'm gonna sleep." I yawn. "Don't wake me up even if someone dies except you." I tap on his nose with a finger. He smiles. I get on the couch and doze off.

In the morning I wake up and walk towards the bathroom yawning. My senses are alarmed when I hear Brownie saying "Oh wow you too know how to cook Schezwan rice."

I step into his bedroom and see his face extremely joyful. "I like that so much," he says in his sweetest tone.

I pick a pillow and throw it on his grinning face. "Whom are you talking to, Brownie?"

He taps on a tiny green earpiece in his right ear. "Laura. She is so nice." He lets out a wide smile.

I pluck out the earpiece and stomp towards the bathroom. "What's wrong with you? I'm just making a conversation," fades his voice in my background.

I finish my daily rituals and I sit on the couch sipping a coffee peacefully. But peace puffs away when I see him roaming around with another earpiece. "I absolutely love that," he says grinning.

I walk and stand in his way. "Olive, you wanna talk to her too?" he asks with an innocent face.

"Why would I wanna talk to her?"

"Because she is so nice." He raises his shoulders with a duck face as if giving me a very obvious reason.

"One more time you say she's nice and I'll." I think of a cruel punishment while he raises his eyebrows with a puppy face.

"Forget it." I turn back and announce, "Creep, where are you? Let's solve your case."

Creep walks out of the kitchen with two coffee mugs in his hands. "Very well let's do that." He leaves a coffee mug in mid-air and it floats.

I take his phone and look at the necklace's pic.

Green and blue pearls are placed in a triangular shape. A red round pearl is in the center and it glows as if it has its own light. The necklace is huge enough to cover my whole chest. "It looks very old-fashioned," I whimper.

"Yeah it's 800 years old," Creep says casually while mine and Brownie's eyes widened in surprise.

"It was stolen from his house while he was taking a bath. He had caught a glimpse of the thief; they were definitely humans," he adds.

"Humans?"

"They were 4 and got away in a car."

I stay silent for a moment to process since I've learned jumping to conclusions never helps. "If a human got it, can he use the powers stored in it?" I ask.

"It would be difficult to handle supernatural powers for an ordinary human but yes it's possible."

"How difficult?"

"Difficult like life-threatening."

I open the map of The Lanstroop Town on PC. Marking the devil's house on the map, I take a look around it and shade a big circle around it.

"Was there a police complaint?"

"Yes. For a 10% share of Necklace's value. Cops agreed to look for it and have been looking for it for 3 months."

I squeeze the circle into a tiny version.

"How much would be Necklace's Value?"

"A million."

I mark only two spots inside the circle and omit the tiny circle. "Here is your necklace," I announce pointing towards the two marked spots.

"What? how?" asks Brownie & Creep in a consortium.

It's time for a ride. 3..2..1

DEMON!!!