Chapter 4

Olivia Denver's POV:

I don't feel really well. The way he left the house in a hurry, something must be wrong with him. I dial him but he doesn't pick up. Caring for my knees I put on a short and walk out.

I keep calling him as I rush towards the restaurant. My knee hurts but I see no other option. As I near the restaurant a footstep approaches me from behind. I turn back and start fearing losing my virginity.

Dressed in a V-neck tee and shorts I had just walked straight to my predator, the crazy girl, Emma. "Hi, Olivia. How are you?" she waves walking towards me.

I wave and step backward as she leans for a hug. "I'm not too fine, Emma." I point towards my knees and elbows.

She stands back straight. "That too from your detective work?" she whispers.

"You know about me?"

"Yes. Danny told me all about it. I'm so sorry for bringing that Karlos to you," she says in a regretful voice.

"It's okay. You didn't know about him." I let out a sappy smile.

"Thanks. Let's get in." She says and turns towards the restaurant's gate. I notice the lights being off and I grab her hand immediately. She turns back in haste and her nose brushes mine.

Oh, God! Why can't she keep her distance from me?

I let her hand free and she stares at me wide-eyed. I put a finger on my lips and shush her. She takes a glance towards the dark glass door and steps backward.

"Does it have a back gate?" I whisper. She nods and I follow her around the walls to reach it. I put my ears on it and listen to voices inside.

"What did that man say to you?" Brownie asks.

"He told us the names of your victims Gwayne, Stacy, and more. A newspaper article confirms that too," a girl says.

"Who the hell is that girl?" I ask Emma listening to the door beside me. "She must be Beechy. Oh my god, she thinks he's a serial killer," she replies frightened.

"You all believe that unknown man instead of me?" Brownie asks again.

"Your charms have worn off, Danny. We're not letting you fool us anymore," Beechy warns in a stern tone.

"All right, bitchy, that's enough." I push the door open wide with my shoulders. Running through the alley, I enter the storage room on its left side. I jolt my hand in the way of a roller just a bit away from Brownie's face.

It lands in my palms, I twist it, and Robo groans in pain. "Olivia, you're alive?"

"Shut up you all and listen to me," Emma yells enraged. She explains to them while I untie Brownie. In a moment, they all ask for forgiveness with saddened faces. We accept their apology with sappy smiles.

"Now who the hell is that man who orders two dishes even when he's sitting alone," Robo calls out loud towards the door.

"Shit. It must be that creep driver." I walk out.

Brownie raises a gun in his hand and points towards the front. "You know him?"

"Not exactly. He killed his girlfriend Laura and she roams around with him as a ghost." I walk further and the creep appears in view sitting around a table.

"Nice to see you alive, Detective." He stands up and turns towards me.

"Hands up," Brownie warns. Creep raises his hand in the air. "Serial Killer and Detective have joined the same club?"

"SHUT UP!! And get the hell out of here, Creep," I yell.

"I'm here to just talk to you, Detective."

"I SAID OUT NOW," I yell again and Brownie moves the gun closer to the creep.

"Okay, okay." He steps out and getting in his green vintage car he speeds away.

"I'm so sorry. I had taken a lift in his car and he got to read your file." I plead to Brownie.

"It's okay." He says putting back his gun. I notice a cut on his forehead and turn towards Robo. His big face squeezes like a leaking balloon.

I turn to Emma and let out a big smile. "Thank you so much, Emma."

She smiles and leans towards me but she jerks back straight. "I get it you don't like being hugged."

I move forward and wrap my arms around her. "That's not true."

"Shall we head home, Brownie ?" I ask.

He nods. "Yeah, I think I'm done for the day already." We wave a bye to all and walk back to our home.

I put a band-aid on his forehead's cut and keep running my hands through his soft hairs. He still dozes off in my lap and sleeps for hours like a baby.

He finally wakes up in the evening and prepares some good dishes for his cop friend. Bell rings and I open the door to see a muscular tall man in front. "I'm Walter." I greet him smiling and take him to the dinner table.

The two friends keep talking for more than an hour but all about irrelevant stuff like their school days and all. I interrupt them finally, "What do you know about Spencer's case?"

Walter gives a confused look. "Spencer was my good friend and her favorite chef too," Brownie lies.

"Of course. 5 girls were killed there. No fingerprints of any outsider. From a traffic camera, we know no one got in or out that late in the night. So it has to be an insider only. Mr. Spencer has a history of violence with his customers too so-"

"What about the murder weapon?"

"Same kitchen knife for all throats. It has only two people's fingerprints. One is the birthday girl's and another of Mr. Spencer's."

I let them free to talk and I delve into my crime adventure. Brownie's case looked the same and also as the beginning of this series. And if I find the killer in Spencer's case, Brownie's image would get clear too.

"Okay then, I'll take a leave now," says Walter and stands up.

We follow him to his car outside. He speeds away and I turn to Brownie. "No fingerprints, no sightings of the killer in the camera. It's so weird," I say.

"It's not. Because the killer is a supernatural being." comes a voice from behind us.