Chapter 8

Olivia Denver's POV:

"Thieves are humans and using the power of the necklace would be life-threatening so they would have sold it asap since it is stolen.

And asap means in a nearby place only hence a circle around the location of the theft.

But as the cops are searching for it desperately fearing them they'd try to do it in a place much smaller. Hence the circle gets tinier.

Now in this circle, only 15 shops deal in antique items. But only two are having the capacity to pay a million.

So the necklace is sold only in these 2 places," I explain all of it in one breath.

They both drop their jaws to the ground obviously amused by my talent. "Impressive," says the Creep. "Let's get it then," he adds.

We get in Creep's car and step out in the antique shops market.

"I think we should split up. Cover my grounds," says Brownie.

"Okay. But Laura will come with me." I take out the green earpiece from my jeans pocket and flash it to him.

Brownie nods and pads with Creep. I put on the earpiece and walk towards a row of antique shops.

"You don't have to be jealous of me," says Laura in my earpiece.

"I'm not." I prompt.

"You're trying to keep distance between me & Danny. But let me tell you I'm really satisfied with Vadi."

"Vadi? Is that Creep's name?"

She chuckles. "Yeah. Creep's name is Vadim. I call him Vadi with love."

"I call Danny Brown Brownie not with love though."

"Then why?"

I push the glass door of the antique shop and enter. I see a grumpy old man standing behind a counter. I show him the necklace's pic. "I'm looking for this. Will pay any amount."

He takes a closer look. "It seems like I've seen it but it's definitely not in our shop."

"You sure?"

"Yes. I won't forget a masterpiece like this."

"Okay." I step out of the shop.

The thought of telling Laura about Danny's secret feels a bit uncomfortable to me so I stay silent.

"You know Vadi killed me so if I'm trusting you with his secret you can trust me for Danny's," she says as if she read my thoughts too.

I take a sigh and say, "Sarah, his wife, looked like me. Although she's gone, he still compares me with her."

"So you're jealous of a dead girl?"

That is true and I know already but when she says it, I feel awkward. I still nod.

She chuckles, "I guess our boys have a thing for the dead."

"You're right." I laugh out loud.

"Ladies, just to let you know I can hear you," says Brownie in my earpiece.

"Me too," adds Creep.

"What?" I ask shamefaced for bitching them.

"The earpieces are like a com and it has all 4 of us connected. I kinda forgot to tell you that," says Brownie.

"Don't worry. I'll be explaining to both in detail," adds Creep in a grudged voice.

"Roasted Vadi wants revenge. What will you do? Hit me? I'm a ghost," Laura laughs.

"And I'm a Ghosthunter," replies Creep.

Silence descends upon the two. I feel a cold war started between the two. But she says, "and I love you Ghosthunter."

"I love you too."

Aww! They're so adorable. I wish me & Brownie would someday be like this.

I shake my head out of irrelevant thoughts and inform, "I didn't find the necklace here."

"We neither," replies Brownie.

"What do we do now, detective?" asks Creep.

No use of power so selling. Cops searching so sell it nearby. Only two shops can pay a million. What did I miss?

The antique shop owner had said he had seen the necklace. So it's gotta be nearby only but where?

I open the map on my phone and check the areas again. I see The Lanstroop Museum nearby. But museums won't buy stolen things.

I remember thieves had a car. And it clicks to me that if they manage to get a car they can easily manage some fake ownership documents.

"Meet us at The Lanstroop Museum," I command and walk towards it.

I reach the museum and a flyer on its gate catches my attention. "Guys I kinda found it."

"Do you see it?" asks Creep.

"Kinda." I stare at the flyer that has a pic of the necklace and in big bold letters above it is STOLEN.

Since the museum is closed. We all get in easily without being noticed by two sleepy guards on main gate.

We get into the CCTV room. The recording of 3 months ago surprises all of us. A glass box around the necklace shatters into pieces.

But no one is visible around it. Necklace rises from its place and floating in mid-air it gets out of the view.

I remember how a coffee mug floated in the air when Creep gave it to Laura. "It's a ghost," reconciles Brownie.

I keep staring at the screen for a moment and it clicks to me. "I think I know who that ghost is," I say and run to the room where the necklace was kept previously.

I kick the door and it opens wide. Bending down I pass the Do Not Cross paper boundary of cops. I sniff around the glass pieces and run my hands over them.

Creep steps in the room. "We both are following the same case," I inform him.

"What do you mean?" asks Brownie, wide-eyed behind him.

"The killer in mass murders and the necklace thief are the same."