the meeting

You walk up the stone steps of hogwarts. You can't remember why you are here, or what you are doing but you juts kept going up. You reach an old wooden door and pushed it open. Inside there are rows of colored glass bottles, containing some kind of creatures inside. As you look around the room you see a young boy about your age. The boy has a head of dirty blonde hair full of curls that fall over his eyes. He has freckles sprinkled over his face and is wearing hufflepuff robes. You are a huffelpuff too, but your not surprised that you don't recognize him, after all you don't remember allot of things. They called it short term memory loss, that's the one thing you can remember, was that you had it. The boy jumped in start when he sees you "oh uhh-hello..." he said looking down at the floor. "Hello" you smile. "I'm Y/n and I have short-term m-memory loss.." He looked up at you and your eyes meet. A long silence fallows and he suddenly drops his eyes back to the floor. Your not surprised by his reaction to your introduction. You've decided it's best to let people know up front about your memory. It's just easier that way. "Do you know who your parents are Y/n?" The boy asked quietly. "n-no..." You say. You feel your eyes start to sting with tears at the thought. He hears you sniff and looked up form his spot on the floor. "oh, uh it's ok. I'll t-take care if you..." He said looking up at you". really?!?" You ask, now looking at him with excitement in your eyes and the tears begin to evaporate. "y-yes.." he says. You run up and hug him joyfully. He is stiff and awkward and didn't hug you back. For some reason Newt felt like he had to protect you, even though he just met you. He just felt like you where his responsibility. After a long awkward hug you steeped back. You looked at his serious face and admired his features, his beautiful curls, freckles, and light blue eyes.  Everything about him seemed loving. He didn't look up at you, just stared at the floor boards. Just then a quiet cheeping noise came from a corner of the room near the window. The boy immediately turned around and sat next to a tiny box. You look at it curiously. "what is that?" You ask intrigued. "oh uh c-come here, I will show you." He said as he flicked his eyes in your direction then back down at the box. As you step closer to him he picks something up from inside of the box. In his hand was cupped a tiny raven chick "aww!" You sing as you crouch down for a better look. "i-it had fallen out of the nest and it a-almost died before I found him..." The boy says as he leans his hands toward yours. "h-here.." He puts the tiny chick in your hand, your fingers brushing slightly. "Its wonderful! You smile at him. "uhh, I don't think I caught your name?" You ask as he stairs at the chick. "oh, Umm y-yes it's N-Newt Scamander..." he stutters. "well Newt" you say brightly. "It's nice to meet you!" He looks at you for a split second, and you notice the corners of his lips start to tip upwards into a reserved smile.