Deep thoughts

You woke up and looked at the plain ceiling. Your dream had been so nice. Still feeling half asleep you sat up and lifted your legs up and off the bed, you where in your pink silky pajamas. You remembered it was Saturday. You had work off today because it was Saturday, you always had the weekends off. You couldn't help but think of Newt. You were always thing of him during the lately. You made a hot cup of coco, you didn't feel like coffee this morning,  you wanted to stay in your dream like state. You kept replaying your dinner with Newt. Even if it was awkward. Maybe you would visit him today and surprise him. He seamed happy at your suggestion to help with the creatures. But you where still worried that you shouldn't have hugged him seeing has he didn't hug you back, but that was just like Newt. Even at school though you had hugged him 1000 times he never hugged you back. He may have gotten less stiff but he still never hugged you back, that was just one of the quirks you loved him for. Out of all of his quirks not one of them annoyed you, not one! You spent your morning daydreaming about visiting him and cleaning.

Newts POV:

He was trying to Busy himself with his work. He'd been working on his book for months now but he just couldn't quite get the title right. He had already taken care of all his creatures and Bunty had come and taken over for him. He sat at his desk and stared at the cluttered surface,  he couldn't get Y/n out of his mind. How loving her voice was and how caring her eyes looked, he could stair into them for hours, was he....no he couldn't have feelings for Y/n...no he couldn't. They'd been childhood friends and it has been years since he had spent time with her. That night when she hugged him he remembered how he held his breath, and how his heart had started to beat 1 million Miles per hour, how he wished he had hugged her back. He found himself sketching her features in his old leather bound book. Her face slowly started to appear on the yellow page. "Newt?" Bunty called, snapping him out of his Tizi of drawing and daydreaming. "y-yes bunty?" He said as he put his book back into his pocket. "I was juts thinking maybe..umm juts that we should probably get to brining Frank back home? Don't you think it's been Long enough?" She said "oh y-yes I do think that's right." He said looking at his case beside his desk. Frank was his thunderbird he rescued from Egypt, he had been stuck in that case for a few weeks now, it was about time he brought him back to the wilds of Arizona. Picturing her pretty face in his mind he wondered if she would like to come? He would love it if Y/n came..but would she even want to come? He thought as he took his case up to the nine flat. Yes he was going to ask her. He decided resolutely. The thought made his stomach feel tight. He was so nervous his hands were shaking. He would ask her in person he thought. The only thing making him want to ask her in person was the growling monster in his stomach telling him to go. He felt a sudden urge to go see her and grabbed his teal coat off the rack. Pausing at the threshold of his door, he took a deep breath and sped out the door. As he fast walked down the street, he stopped in his tracks. What was he doing? He thought. Why was he acting this way? What was going on? That fire that has been burning inside of him to go see her was slowly being replaced by fear and worry. He didn't even notice that he had started walking again toward her house. He snapped out of his thoughts as he heard someone say his name "Newt?" He looked up to see Familiar face it was Y/n, he had stoped at the outside of her flat. "oh uhh H-hi Y/n." He said now playing with his hair on the back of his neck.

Your POV:

You grabbed your coat off the coat rack and stepped outside. As you turned and looked out to the street you were started to see Newt standing there. He was staring at the ground obviously in deep thought. "Newt?" You softly called, braking him from his trance. "oh uhh H-hi Y/n.." he said looking confused when he saw you standing there. Walking over to him you asked, "What are you doing here? "oh! Y-yes umm I was wondering well..." He was stammering and fiddled with the handle of a case stuck to his side. "well I have a bit of b-Business to attend to in New York, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to join me?" He looked you in the eye trying to read your response. This caught you by surprise. Both the invitation and the eye contact. I mean you juts saw each other for the first time in years last night and now he's asking you on a trip across seas with him? After a short pause you felt happiness fill you up as you said "yes I would love that!" You didn't need to think about it a moment longer, just said yes, like you didn't have control of your own mouth. Then you thought of work. What would you do being away form work for who know how long? Newts excited voice broke your racing thoughts. "g-great!" He smiled down at you. He was no longer slouching but standing at his full height, it really made you see how short you really are compared to him.