Many Years

It had been years since that day in the Castle. You were living your life in London and you never forgot Newt, he was the one person that you always knew. You had stoped talking a few years ago but you thought of him everyday. You wondered if he thought of you like you did of him, you wondered what he was doing now? You worked as a healer at St Mungo's hospital but it was hard to work at all because of your memory. You barely made it through school without Newt when he got expelled. You always remember things better with him around, you couldn't explain why, but it was just that way. You tidied up the kitchen waving your wand as plates flew through the air. Sighing heavily, you lean your weight onto the counter. The days have been a hazy blur of work and cleaning. You missed Newt more then usual, you always miss him, but this time was different. Thinking of him, you picture his goofy freckle face and want more than anything to see him, to hug him. An owl screech broke you out of your thoughts. Brown barn owls were sitting at your window with a letter in its beak "oh hello there!" You smile as you walk over and took the letter "wait there ok?" you ask the owl nicely. The bird tilted it's head as if to say yes. You walk over to a jar in the kitchen counter, get a handful of feed and back over to the bird. "thank you for delivering this to me!" You said as you give the bird his snack and stroke his neck. You then remember the letter that was still in your hand. You turned it around to see a familiar wax seal, it looked like Newts, but it couldn't be his seal, they hadn't talked in years! Excitement suddenly filled your veins and you jump up and down holding the letter to your heart. With an inhalation of breath you excitedly ripped the seal. Unfolding the crisp paper you begin to read the familiar handwriting...

                     Dear Y/n
I hope you are doing well. I've been thinking of you lately and well, it's rather hard to write this letter. See, you've been on my mind constantly and I've been trying to think of a way to ask you...

Your eyes leave the note as you take in his words. Ask something? What on earth could he want to ask after all these years? You think to yourself. Your thoughts begin to run with possibilities as you grip the paper. You drop your eyes back to the page and continue reading.

I was wondering if you would come to dinner at my place, we can catch up a bit and I can show you my creatures. I just need to see you again. I miss you and well, I hope you miss me too. I hope to see if a few days.

Newton

Your hand drops to your side still hiding the letter. He wants you to come to Dinner? You feel butterflies in your stomach and wonder why you have butterflies in your stomach? It's not like...no you haven't seen him a in years. It couldn't be that!

The next few days seem to drag on forever. Excitement fills your veins in anticipation for your dinner with Newt. Finally the night comes. You stand facing the mirror, scrutinizing your appearance. After a moment of stillness, you flick your wand and your hair springs into thick curls. Your dress is a beautiful white and blue a-line which you paired with delicate looking, matching light blue heels. You take your wand and put it behind your ear. You make your way to the front door and step out of your tiny flat. As you begin walking to the Address on the letter, your mind starts to fill with thoughts of doubt and worry. "What it if he didn't like you? What if he juts asked you over to show you how great his life was and how plain yours is?" You begin to bite your bottom lip with worry. "No, Newt would never do that. You know him. He is too kind to make fun of you." You decide. As you walk along the cobblestone street you lift your chin and pick up your pace. Only a few feet away and you reach Newts house...