Recovery

Scarlett POV: Annie - 2 years and 6 months

My head is spinning. My vision is blurry. All I know is that I can't let go of Annie. We get into a room in the ER. "Are you the mom?" It's just so blurry. "Excuse me, miss?" I snap out of it.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you the mom?" He repeats himself.

"Yes. Yes I'm her mom" I answer.

"What is her blood type?" He asks.

"B+" I answer quickly. "Her name is Annabelle Johansson"

"Alright, any allergies?" He asks as they are working on her.

"Not that we have discovered yet. Except Kiwi. If that's relevant" I tell him.

"Alright, wait here. You need to be checked out as well. I'll get a doctor" he says.

"No, I have to stay with her. I can't leave her" I say desperately.

"I'm sorry ma'am. There's nothing more you can do for your daughter right now. You've already done so much. Let us do the last now, look after yourself as well so that you're here when she needs you a little later" he explains to me. I nod and another doctor comes over to me.

She assesses my wounds. "Is there anyone we need to call?" She asks.

"Uhm, I have to call someone to take care of my dogs. One was shot, the other.. I don't know" I start.

"Alright, but what about for you? You need someone here with you. Any family?" She suggests.

"Uhm, all of my family lives out of state, but I have my best friend" I tell her.

"Ok. I'll give you a little bit of time to call them, while I get some supplies for your wounds" then she walks off.

I dial Chris's number first.

After a few rings he picks up. "Hey Scar" he says.

"Hey.. Uhm, I need uh something-" I can't get anymore out before I burst into tears.

"Oh, Scar. What happened?" He asks.

"Uhm there was a break in.. Uhm I they had weapons" I try.

"Oh my, is anyone hurt?"

"Yes.. Annie- oh god" I break down even more.

"Annie what?!" He sounds frantic.

"She was shot. So was Gucci, I don't know about Chanel" I say.

"My god. Are you hurt? How bad is Annie shot ?" He asks me.

"I'm fine, just a few scratches. Annie was only shot in the shoulder, hopefully it missed everything important. But I need you to go to the vet and find out about Chanel and Gucci. I need you to take care of them while I deal with everything here" I ask of him.

"Of course. Have you called Lizzie? Or Colin?" He asks.

"Not yet. I'm going to tho" I say.

"Alright. I'm on my way. After I've found out about the dogs I'll let you know"

"Thank you, bye" I say before hanging up.

The doctor comes back. "Alright, you need some stitches, but other then that you're fine" she says and shoots me a small smile.

"I'm not fine" I mumble referring to Annie. "Do you know anything about my daughter yet?"