Chapter 18: Making Amends

"Kian, where are we going?" I whined for about the fiftieth time.

Kian was being mean and basically spent the entire car ride ignoring me every time I asked that question.

"Stop whining, would ya?"

"Not until you answer me."

He sighed and pinched my cheek obnoxiously, not taking his eyes off the road. "You're so cute when you're annoyed," he stated in a baby voice.

I huffed and blew the stray strands of hair away from my face. I didn't understand why he couldn't have just told me where we were going. Kian quickly glanced over at me and smiled before focusing his attention back onto the road.

"C'mon! Don't look so annoyed with me," he pleaded jokingly.

"It's pretty hard not to be right now," I muttered.

"If I weren't driving, I'd kiss your pouty lips right now."

I rolled my eyes and directed my attention out the window, ignoring his remark.

"C'mon, don't be like that," he stated and poked my cheek.

I fake glared at him. "Be like what?"

"You were ignoring me."

"You were annoying me," I retorted.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his blonde hair. "Is something bothering you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I...I don't know. You just seem like you don't... want to spend time with me today."

I bit my lip and looked down. "No, no, no don't think that. Of course I want to spend time with you today, Kian... but I just...for some reason feel a bit out of it today."

He nodded in response as if he understood. "Is your depression getting to you today?" he asked softly and hesitantly, almost as if he was too afraid to ask.

I looked down, sadness probably evident in my face. "Something like that," I murmured.

When I glanced up at him, he seemed saddened by my response. "I'm sorry that you have to go through this, Gracie. It really sucks."

"I'll be fine."

"And I'll be here trying to make you happy whenever I get the chance."

"I'm so lucky to have you," I admitted. "I seriously don't understand how you can stand being around me all the time."

"Eh, it's a lot of work, but I've somehow managed," he replied jokingly.

"If you weren't driving right now, I'd slap you."

"Love you!"

I rolled my eyes at his comment and directed my attention out the window again. "Yeah, yeah," I muttered.

~*~

"We're here!" Kian shouted.

"We're at... your place?" I asked, getting out of the car.

Kian got out of the car as well and smiled and nodded in response. "Yep."

"You did all of that and kept it a secret just to bring me to your place?" I asked, biting my lip, trying to hide my amused smile.

"Oh god, you know I can't handle it when you bite your lip," Kian groaned.

I smirked an then bit my lip again just to spite him.

"Stop it," he told me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Nah, I don't think I want to," I teased, biting my lip even more.