Chapter 13: Love?

A few days after the amazingly fun-filled day that I egged my school with Kian and Sam, I decided to call Kian to come over. He answered his phone almost straight away, as he always did whenever I called. That was one of my favorite qualities about him. He always seemed so eager to speak with me.

~*~

I waited around impatiently for my annoying, but amazing boyfriend to arrive, merely laying down and checking my phone repeatedly to pass the time.

A sudden knock at the door startled me, almost causing me to stumble out of bed. I quickly regained my composure and speed-walked to the door. I took a deep breath before opening it. As soon as I did open it, Kian instantly pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my hair.

"I've missed you so much," he whispered into my hair.

I laughed softly as I pulled away from the hug. "You just saw me a few days ago!"

"But it felt like years!"

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me. "Sit with me."

"Ooh Gracie's getting bossy," he joked as we sat down on my bed.

"Will that nickname ever wear off?" I groaned.

"Probably not," he stated and pecked my cheek. "Gracie."

I cringed a bit, but brushed it off.

"You can't honestly think that I'd call my amazingly perfect girlfriend something as harsh as Disgrace," he said, pinching my cheek.

I quickly slapped his hand away. "Stop it," I whined.

"Aww c'mon! Don't be such a baby!" he joked.

I rolled my eyes, but somehow couldn't contain my laughter and laughed quietly.

"So do you want to help me with something else on my list today?" I asked him.

Kian sighed quietly and nodded, looking down. "I guess."

I was confused at his sudden unhappiness.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He sighed again before speaking. "Nothing, it's just that..." he hesitated. "Never mind. Let's just get to it."

I turned my body so that I was facing him entirely. Kian's eyes were still focused on the floor, so I lightly put my fingers under his chin, causing his eyes to look up and meet mine. I let my fingers drop and took both of his hands into mine.

"Please tell me what's bothering you?" I asked softly.

He took a deep breath. "It's just that... every time I'm reminded of that list... it's just a bit depressing, you know? I'm constantly reminded of how little time I have left with you. The time's just going by so fast and pretty soon I'm going to lose you forever," he stated on the verge of tears.

I quickly pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back soothingly. "Kian, I'm here now, though. That's all that matters right now. Why should we spend the next month and a half miserable when we could be spending it happily together?" I whispered softly into his ear.

Kian pulled away from the hug and gently caressed my face, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. He slowly nodded his head at my words.

"You're right," he admitted. "But I'm just letting you know that I'll be spending all of my spare time with you from now on."

"No way, you don't have to do that for me, Kian!"

"I know I don't, but I want to," he stated with a smirk. "And besides, I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for us."