Chapter 1: My Only Friend

The next evening, I found myself wandering the streets surrounding the hotel I was staying in. I silently prayed that I would find someone to help me carry out my plan.

After about an hour of walking, I realized that this was going to take a lot longer than I thought. That's when I sighed and turned back around to walk back to the hotel.

After a few minutes of walking down the busy street, I ran into someone familiar. It was the guy that was in the elevator with me just the night before. What was his name again? Karl? Ken?

"We meet again," he stated.

"Yes, now I think I'll just be going now," I replied as I tried to walk past him.

He gently grabbed my arm stopping me. I sighed impatiently and crossed my arms.

"In case you forgot, I'm Kian. Kian Lawley," he told me.

"Good for you," I retorted.

"And you are?"

"I'm busy. Now if you'd just let me past, that'd be great."

I quickly walked past him and practically ran down the block.

"Stop!" he shouted. "At least tell me your name?"

I turned around and faced him again. "You really wanna know?" I stated, walking closer to him.

He nodded.

"You sure?"

He nodded again.

I sighed. "I'm Disgrace Folkner," I told him.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before speaking. "Is that seriously your name?"

I merely nodded in response. "Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, no. It's just...it's just very... unique?"

I shrugged and pushed past him to walk away again.

"Hey, where're you going?" Kian called.

"Away from here!" I called back in response, not even bothering to look back.

"That's cool! Playing hard to get, huh?" he called. "Well that's okay because I like a challenge!"

His words suddenly made me stop myself in my tracks. I turned around and literally ran to him. He liked a challenge? Perhaps this Kian fellow would be the perfect person to help. It was so obvious. How could it have taken me this long to have figured it out?

"I knew you'd come back. They always do," he said jokingly.

"Can you help me with something?" I asked.

He smirked at me. "Oh, but of course."

"Follow me," I told him.

He did as he was told and walked beside me.

"Now are you going to tell me where you're going?"

"We're going back to my hotel room."

"Ooh awesome!" he exclaimed, biting his lip, causing me to slap him on the back of his head. "Ow!"

"That's not what we're going there for, you perv."

"Oh... Well I'll still help you, even though you're abusive."

"Oh, you're going to be perfect for this."

~*~

He sat down on the bed and I sat down beside him.