Chapter 8: Running Away

It had been only hours since Kian and I kissed. He was sound asleep, but I, on the other hand couldn't get back to sleep to save my life.

I still couldn't believe that Kian actually kissed me. All of this time I thought he disliked me, but apparently not, considering he punched a guy for me and kissed me.

I had a warm fuzzy feeling inside just thinking about Kian and I hated him for it. I hated his stupid handsome face, I hated his annoying personality, but most of all I hated myself for letting this happen. At this moment it really sunk in what I was doing. Being with Kian would only ruin my plan that I'd been working so hard on all of this time. I'd been planning this for years and I wasn't going to let some sweet (and very attractive) guy get in the middle of it.

I picked up my phone and saw that it was already 9 am. I had a feeling that I wasn't going to be getting anymore sleep until later. I sighed loudly in frustration and decided to get out of bed. I opened the curtains and was temporarily blinded by the bright sunlight shining in through the window. I heard Kian groan in his sleep in response, probably because the brightness took him off guard.

I rolled my eyes in frustration before grabbing a change of clothes and walking to the bathroom. I came to the conclusion that a hot shower would calm me down and give me time to think before I had to face Kian.

~*~

After about an hour, I was out of the shower and dressed. I quickly brushed my teeth and then examined my face in the mirror. The dark circles under my eyes signified that I was indeed very tired. I pulled my wet hair out of my face and up into a ponytail.

I took a deep breath and left the bathroom only to be greeted by Kian, who was wide awake now, sitting upright on my bed. The moment he saw me, he instantly perked up. I awkwardly sat down beside him, not exactly sure what to do or say.

"Good morning, beautiful," he stated with a big smile, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

Ironically, him breaking that uncomfortable silence made the situation even more uncomfortable for me.

"Good morning," I muttered in response, avoiding eye contact.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" he asked quietly.

I shrugged, still not making eye contact with him. I could tell that my actions weren't exactly pleasing for him, but at that moment it didn't really matter all that much, considering I was about to break his heart in a moment. Kian took me off guard when his warm hand came in contact with my face. He cupped my cheek with his hand and gently lifted my head up so my eyes met his.

"You look exhausted," he whispered.

I nodded slowly. "I, uh couldn't sleep."

"Wanna try to go back to sleep?"

I shook my head. "Nah, sweetheart. I think I'm fine."

He rolled his eyes. "Well okay, Gracie."

Right after he said that, he grabbed my face in both of his hands and leaned in to kiss me. I quickly placed my hands over his and pulled them off of my face, causing him to stop right before his lips met mine. He pulled away and gave me a confused look.

"Why...won't you let me kiss you?" he asked gently.

"Because we're not together, Kian!" I retorted.

"But...last night."

"It was a mistake. It didn't mean anything."

"Well you really seemed to enjoy making that mistake," he replied harshly.

"Well I didn't," I retorted.

"Then why the hell did you kiss back?!" he shouted in my face, glaring at me. His loudness took me off guard and I felt myself take a few steps back, nervously. "The least you could've fucking done was push me away or something instead of leading me on!"

It was so odd to see Kian like this. I'd never seen him so angry before and I felt almost afraid. I took a few deep breaths and I was beginning to panic. Taking deep breaths wasn't a very successful tactic because it was to no use.

I've never been yelled at like this before, since my parents always ignored me. I was never sure how it felt to be yelled at, but now I did. It was one of the most awful feelings, especially because I brought this upon myself.

This was all my fault for picking an attractive guy to help me out with my plan a few weeks ago. I should've known that he would've tempted me. And honestly the fact that I felt anything toward him absolutely petrified me.

Kian was still yelling in my face, but I was panicking so much that I couldn't make out a single word he was saying. It sounded as if he was speaking in some sort of foreign language. Afraid, I took a few steps back and whimpered quietly as my back collided with the wall. My vision was starting to blur and I began to feel tightness in my chest and I was having trouble breathing. I wasn't sure why I was so afraid, but I couldn't help it. My body started shaking uncontrollably. It took me a moment, but I realized that Kian stopped yelling. I tried to focus my vision on him, but I couldn't seem to tear my vision away from the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"Gracie?" I heard Kian whisper gently. "A-are you okay?"

I was somehow able to regain my composure this time and my eyes met his. He seemed concerned, but I wasn't about to just forgive him after the way he yelled at me. It was his fault that I was so delirious. His harsh yelling caused it. I glared at him after he spoke.

"Don't call me Gracie and don't ever talk to me again!" I shouted angrily.

"Gracie I'm seriously sorry. I over reacted," he said softly.

Kian tried to pull me into a hug, but I quickly squirmed out of his grasp. I then pushed him away and before I could stop myself, I was grabbing my key card and sprinting out the door. Kian called after me, but that didn't stop me. I ran full-speed to the elevator and luckily, it opened pretty quickly. As I ran, tears began to form in my eyes.

My eyes widened in worry when I saw him running towards the elevator. I quickly pressed the 'close doors' button repeatedly and the doors closed in perfect timing.

The elevator finally stopped in the lobby and I was still partially blinded by my tears. I ran as fast as possible down the block and continued to run. I ran block after block after block. Still running, I took a quick glance behind me and saw no sign of Kian at all. When I turned to face forward again, I collided with someone and fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" I shouted, not looking at the person out of embarrassment.

"Disgrace?" the person asked in an all too familiar voice, causing me to look up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and comment please

There may or may not be typos that I didn't catch...