Prologue

Yo guys! What's up? This is my new story and honestly I'm super excited about it. I'll try my best to update as regularly as I can.
Happy reading (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have to do it, Kian! You promised you'd do everything to help me!" I exclaimed with tears flooding my vision.

"You never told me this part of your plan! You never said that we were doing it for this, Gracie!" Kian shouted in my face.

"I told you not to call me that! My name is Disgrace!"

"That's beside the point! I can't do this! I can't let you go!"

"But you have to!" I shouted in response.

"I can't believe you used me like this! I thought you loved me!"

"I'm sorry Kian, but you were sadly mistaken!" I cried, lying straight to his face, my face becoming drenched in tears that continued to fall. "I guess I'm on my own with this then."

Kian looked extremely hurt. "I guess you are."

I wiped the remaining tears and took off in the opposite direction, running as fast as I could. I heard Kian calling after me, but I was gone. He was too late. This was happening.

About three months earlier

I'm known as Grace Folkner by many, nicknamed Disgrace Folkner by myself because that's exactly what I was. I was the greatest disgrace to ever walk the planet. But I wasn't planning on being one for long. Things were going to change.

I was a senior in high school and I had just turned 18. People always told me how lucky I was because I was fortunate enough to be rich. That was the thing, however. I wasn't rich. My parents were.

My father, Thomas Folkner was one of the toughest and most well-known lawyers out there. My mother, Charlotte Folkner on the other hand, was a senator. They were both always so busy with work that they never paid any attention to me. My relationship with my parents got so strained that I didn't even call them 'mom' or 'dad' anymore. It didn't even seem to bother them that I called them by their first names.

Whenever I would try talk to either of them, Charlotte would tell me to leave her office because she didn't have time for my irrelevant teenage problems and Thomas would just kinda sit there, ignoring every single word that came out of my mouth.

At least Charlotte acknowledged me to some extent. Thomas would just sort of sit there, staring off into space.

Not only did I have a bad relationship with my parents, but my grades weren't too hot either. I'd never been good at school, really. My parents sent me to a private school full of grade-obsessed prudes. People at school called me dumb on a daily basis. Everyone seemed to hate me. I even got everyone at school to call me Disgrace. Some staff and students actually believed it was my real name at some points.

I've never been asked out in my entire life because the guys at school only seem to like smart girls. But I mean, I wasn't exactly complaining though. I was just stating a fact, merely to better prove the fact that I was indeed a disgrace.

I was just sitting in my hideous pink room, contemplating whether I should do it or not. I had been planning this evening for years, but I never actually had the guts to do it. I had my letter written explaining the entire situation to my parents. I wasn't sure exactly how they'd react, but I secretly hoped that they would at least try and stop me. It would be nice to have a sign that they cared for once, you know?

That's when I walked down the hall to Charlotte's office. I knocked quietly on the door, hoping that she wasn't busy.

"Come in!" she shouted through the door.