- Chapter III: Awakening -

~ Yukiji's POV ~

Yuki, Zero and I were woken up at the crack of dawn for unknown reasons but as we walked through the doors we immediately found out why...

"Here's my own tuna carpaccio with marinated tomatoes with a pinch of parsley. I've also made my very own beef filet and vegetables with a lovely cream sauce! These are dishes of my own creation, my very own."

Zero was frustrated about this whole situation but what I found questionable was how the headmaster called these dishes "his very own", it is a bit much. We were talking with one another when suddenly headmaster cross said cheese while talking a photo. He then went on about it being a special day celebrating that we were now full fledged guardians.

~ Later ~

~ During dorm inspection ~

After the events with the headmaster we stared the routine dorm inspection, Zero and I were checking rooms while Yuki wheeled the trolly. Once the day class dorms were clear we then go to the night class dorms. I walked outside and noticed Zero sitting by a tree, I walked up to him and when he heated me he shoved something into his pocket. Yuki soon came running in asking if the both of us were skipping work but we replied by saying no at the same time.

~ Moon Dormitory ~

As we passed though the moon dormitory gates I ran in front of Zero and asked him if he was alright but he never gave me an answer. While walking I accidentally missed a step and was about to fall over when Zero came up behind and caught me but in the process something came flying out of his pocket. I picked but the box and read the front then asked if it was medicine when he suddenly snatched it from me. Zero picked himself up and walked off, I then asked Yuki if she would follow him while I let the headmaster know what had happened.
I was running to the headmasters office when I suddenly sliced my hand on a broken tree branch. Looking towards the wound it healed in a matter of seconds, as soon as it healed I continued running to headmaster Cross's office.

~ Later at night ~

After classes and duties were finished I met up with Yuki who had told me that Zero was back and so I went looking and when I found him he turned to me with a saddening expression. I walked closer to him but he yelled at me not to telling me to get back.

"I'm sorry...I just wanted to apologise for this afternoon. When Yuki got back from town today she told me that she was attacked by a level E vampire today...when she said that I thought about the events from four years ago. I was worried about both you and Yuki and in some aspect you and I are the same..."

"NO!...we aren't." Zero yelled.

"But why Zero...I want you to open up and share your thoughts with me but I guess in the end I thought I was putting others feelings before my own...but I guess...I was only seeing myself."

As I turned to run away Zero grabbed my hand and at the same time said no. I turn around only to see him staring at the blood stain on my uniform. He grabbed me and tilted my head, I then spoke his name with fear in my voice when suddenly the next thing I knew was the feeling of something sharp piercing my neck...

(Zero what are you...)

I then turn to see tablets on the floor and presumed that they were bloody tablets then asked Zero to stop multiple time but to no avail so I shoved him off me. I looked to see Zero with the face of a vampire...
Removing my hand from my neck I then said...

"Why did you..."

When he noticed the blood fall from the wound he had made he snapped out of it.

"Yukiji I...I'm sorry..."

I knew this day would come but I never thought that it would have been me that Zero attacked...

~ To be continued ~