- Chapter IX: Horrific past -

~ Zero's POV ~

I had that dream again. The recollection of that bloody past, my body laying bare of the floor covered in blood while that woman stood there along with Ichiru. Yukiji layed next to me unconscious and un-injured. I was snapped out of thought by the sound of Yukiji saying that there weren't too many people around but that was due to the fact that exams were coming up, Yuki was studying because she wanted to go to the ball. The moon dormitory gates opened and the vampires came out, Maria Kurenai walked up to Yukiji but I stopped her in time, I pulled Yukiji away by the fountain.

"I told you to stay away from that transfer student."

"I know you told me but I just..."

"It doesn't matter...just whatever you do...don't get involved with her...I beg you."

~ Later that night ~

~ Yukiji's POV ~

I was helping Yuki with her study's but more specifically with math because it was her weakest subject while it was one of my best. My mind wondered to what Zero had said earlier but my attention had retired to Yuki when she asked me about this certain problem. I tried to explain it to her in the easiest way possible so that she's understand and in the end she was able to solve it right when Zero walked in. Yuki got up from her seat taking a break whilst Zero sat in her seat, he placed his hand on his neck.

"Is your neck bothering you again?"

"The wound that woman made has been...throbbing. Every single night I remember...four years ago she toyed with us...in that bloodbath...but I think I was able live on because you were beside me."

Having reached over I placed my hand on his and told him that despite everything it was going to be ok. Rising from my seat I started walking to the kitchen when Zero got up standing behind me while holding my hand.

"Honestly...are you alright Zero?"

~ Kaname's POV ~

I was in my office fiddling with a chess piece while Maria and her associate stood before me.

"That body, that name, at first I wasn't sure how to respond."

"I was only trying not to embarrass you."

"We'll it was offensive, it was obvious that you were just playing around with us."

"Hah, me playing games? This is very interesting, tell me when did you decide to grow up and stop looking at things so conscientiously? We both are purebloods."

~ Back you Yukiji ~

"Do you...want my blood?"

He grasped my hand harder.

"What I said before...I wasn't lying."

He let go of my hand then walked away, I couldn't help but worry about Zero so without thinking too deeply I decided to follow him.

~ Zero's POV ~

With bloody rose in my hand I walked to the abandoned dorm, upon arrival I opened the door and headed towards the main hall...she stood there.

"That's right...you have the ability to sense my presence...because there is a bond between us. It fills the emptiness in my heart."

I continued walking to her, grabbing her then aimed bloody rose to her. What she said next had shook me.

"Finally you've come to kill me...so go on ahead and pull the trigger...I'd you can that is."