- Chapter XI: Siblings reunion -

~ Yukiji's POV ~

Ichiru continued to lead me, not long we came to a stop. I could feel her presence beyond this door. Ichiru opened the door ushering me inside, Maria sat perched on a couch.

"So you've decided then?"

"Shizuka, if you know of a way to save Zero then I want you to save him."

I was willing to pay her price reluctantly.

"Come here then."

Without hesitation I walked up to kneeling down, the look in her eyes told me much.

"Your not hesitating, it would seem you have thought long and hard about this. You are willing to give your life to me even though it was I that drove Zero to despair?"

Ichiru walked back into the room carrying Shizuka's real body, while using Maria's flesh she rose from her seat walking over to her real body then touched it. Shizuka's consciousness transferee from one body to the other.

"It's simple..."

Her eyes opened and in unison...

"He only needs to drink my blood."

Maria fell to the couch.

"Now I understand."

It makes sense since Shizuka was the one who turned Zero, only her blood would save Zero from impending madness.

"Zero must drink the blood of his master Shizuka Hio and then he cannot fall to level E...he will become a true member of the night clan."

She walked closer to me.

"And now for your promise...offer your blood to me, for I am to be pitied. I am being hunted and because of that I need more power."

"You need more power because the hunters are after you."

Shizuka took hold of my cardigan, taking it off then placing it on the floor. Zero burst into the room in a rage.

"Shizuka! Let Yukiji go!"

Zero aimed bloody rose at the pureblood and in response I took Benihime out of its hiding place taking hold of the sheath drawing the blade out.

"Why are you protecting her Yukiji?!"

"You don't understand, she's the only one who can save you! She and I have already made a deal so listen, the only way for you to control those urges and not fall to level E is for you to drink this woman's blood! Yes I'm scared but I will be okay so please stay back."

He walked towards me taking hold of Benihime, taking a step back I sheathed my sword reaching over to my bracelet but Zero stopped me from doing so.

"Why are you trying to stop me Yukiji she..."

I couldn't control my tears, they came flooding. This made Zero hesitate.

"This girl has tamed you."

Shizuka's words held power over Zero, he stopped in his tracks unable to fight back. Zero held my hand tightly while she made her way over to him, biting Zero the drinking his blood.

"You've tortured him enough! Why are you doing this? Why are you being so cruel to him?!"

"I'm doing this because he's become so attached to you. Your being cruel yourself, don't you know Yukiji that the choices you've made for him are what's causing him to suffer? Even I can see that."

Her words hit me hard.

"I thought that...if I was with Zero things would be ok, I wonder if you would be able to forgive me someday..."