Royal Academy of Diavolo

A new year was about to start.

After some time laying on your bed, scrolling through your phone you were sleepy and your eyelids couldn't resist the urge to shut anymore.

Without even realizing it, you had falled asleep with your phone's light still on.

***

When you woke up, you weren't laying on the bed anymore. You weren't in your bedroom, neither you were in your house. You were sitting on a chair, your arms serving as a pillow for your head.

"Where am I...?" you grunt in pain.

You raise your head, your neck hurting from the position you were in.

You look around still half asleep.

There are a lot of windows, but it's dark outside. The room is just enough lighted with candles.

In front of you there are eight other wooden chairs. Seven of them lined up side by side in the front row and the eighth in the back, placed a little higher than the others.

It looked like a courtroom.

Only then you notice a bunch of men sitting on some of the chairs.

This is kind of embarrassing...

The man in the seat of the chief judge starts speaking.

The first thing you notice about him are his eyes. Pale golden eyes sparkling through the bangs of his reddish brown hair. He was wearing a long red uniform, covering most part of his tan skin.

"Welcome to the Devildom, y/n."

As soon as you hear is voice, you can't help but feel a shiver run down your spine. He seems to notice as he begins his speech once again.

"Oh, pardon me. Feeling a bit shocked, are we?"

After a short pause, he continued.

"Well, that's understandable. You've only just arrived, after all. As a human, it will probably take a little while for you to adjust to things here in the Devildom."

"The Devildom...?" you finally spoke.

"Yes, exactly, the Devildom. I see that you catch on quickly. Excellent."

You stared at him for a while not sure what to do next.

"I suppose I should start by introducing myself. My name is Diavolo." he started "I am the ruler of all demons and all here know of me. And someday soon, I will be crowned king of the Devildom."

Well, you sure have the confidence of one.

Then he pointed outside the windows behind him, still looking you in the eyes.

"This is the Royal Academy of Diavolo, though we just call it RAD."

He lowered his arm, placing both his elbows on the desk in front of him and his chin on the top of his hands.

"You're standing inside the assembly hall, the very heart of RAD. This is where we officers of the student council hold our meetings and conduct our business."

He stopped for a second to make sure you were understand everything he was saying.

"I'm the president of said council." he said holding his hands out in your direction, addressing the word to you.

"Why am I here?" you asked.

Then, one of the man sitting in the front row got up from his sit.

"I will explain everything to you."