House of Lamentation

"Ugh, I don't believe this. Of all the rotten luck..." Mammon started his complaining once again "Why should I have to look after some human? It's insulting, that's what it is!"

What's wrong with him anyway?

"I know, right? Having to deal with a demon as stupid as you for the whole year. Such a burden..."

"Wh-What?! What are you talking about?! I'm the one who's being insulted! That rotten bastard... Does he really think he can scare me into doin' whatever he wants?"

"So you admit that you were scared?" you grin.

"Of course I wasn't! What does a human like you have to do with this anyway?" he pouts, clearly in annoyance. "Just so we're clear, it's not like I can't say no to Lucifer, okay?!"

Mammon's face turned red.

"I only agreed to babysit you because, uhm... Well, you know, because...uh..."

He's so desperate to explain himself. It's actually kind of cute.

"If you're that shy to tell the obvious to 'a human like me', I won't ask anymore."

"Anyway, it doesn't matter! Just don't go thinking I'm scared of Lucifer or anything! Because I'm not!"

"Sorry~ Wasn't listening." you teased him.

"Hey, come on! Even if you weren't listenin', you could at least pretend you were!"

"Yes, Sir!" you said, putting your hand above your head.

"Tch, whatever. You're annoying."

"Thanks!"

***

"We're here." Mammon pointed out as he slowed down his pace.

You stopped beside him, looking up at the gate in front of your nose.

"Oh my God, this place looks so cool!"

"I know, right?! I had the same reaction when I first saw it."

In front of you, there was an enormous house. From the outside, you could count at least three floors and a planetarium. The roof was diagonal and there were pointy roofed towers in each corner. The garden was not so well taken care of, making the view seem like a real haunted house.

"I can't believe a dumbass like you is living in here." you said, still stunned by the size of the dorm.

"Who are you calling a dumbass?!"

"I'm just kidding! There's no need to get so agitated, pretty boy."

"What...?"

"Are you deaf? I said there's no need to get so agitated!" you repeated.

"That's not... Whatever. Let's get it."

Mammon led you inside the house without saying anything else. He only spoke again when both of you were already inside.

"This is the House of Lamentation. It's one of the dorms here at RAD. Well, it's not just one of the dorms." he smirked "It's the dorm reserved for student council members."

"So you're one of the student council members?"

"Yes, I am! That's cool, right? You see now how big of a shot I am."

"I see how graceful Diavolo and your brothers are."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it, Mr. Avatar of Greed."