A Stupid Demon is a Useful Thing to Have

I swear I've never been in a place as dark as the Devildom, and yet I can never sleep at night.

Should I try going to the attic again?

But Lucifer will stop me...

But he's not there, is he? I mean, he was yesterday so why would he go again?

Unless... he's hiding a puppy!

It's probably not allowed to have pets so he has to raise it in secret. Such a nice guy.

But Levi has a pet.

Man, I'm overthinking again. I'll just go.

Getting up from your bed, you put on the slippers Lucifer has given you when you got here and finally get to the door, opening it.

After making sure nobody is outside, you walk towards the staircase that leads to the attic.

But as soon as you get there, you're greeted by the only demon you didn't want to be there.

"What's going on, y/n? Out on a stroll?" Lucifer asked, rhetorically "I keep running into you here, don't I? It seems you are really curious about what's at the top of that staircase."

I mean, with all the guard he's putting on it, who wouldn't be curious?

"Unless I'm mistaken, I believe I told you that it's not a place humans have any business going."

"Right, sorry once again." you apologized "I just couldn't manage to fall asleep so I thought I'd go out for a walk..."

"If you can't sleep, perhaps I should make you some tea? Something that will help you have a good night's sleep."

He was smiling when he said that.

So why do I get the feeling that he's not trying to help at all...

But ignoring your hesitant look, Lucifer just kept talking.

"You should probably know that's a bit too effective on humans, to the point that you may find that you never wake up again." he finished.

You gulped.

He wouldn't actually kill me...right?

"I'll go back to my room now." you said.

"I believe that's a great idea. Goodnight, y/n."

"Goodnight..."

You slowly turned your back to the demon standing in front of the staircase, and headed back to your room.

Well, it's definitely not a dog.

You lay down on your bed, but you couldn't fall sleep for the rest of that night.

***

"Why do I gotta be stuck here with you first thing in the morning, having to look at your face while I'm tryin' to eat my breakfast?"

"Oh, just shut up already, Mammon. You know you love me." you said.

"Not in a million years."

"What if I live for that long?"

"Uh?! Of course you won't!"

"You didn't deny the fact that you would fall in love with me~"

Mammon's cheeks got a bit red, making you chuckle.

"A-Anyway, I'm sure the others have already scurried off to class and left me here to look after ya on my own, the punks."

"That's kind of your job though."