I'll help, but not for you

"Oh, by the way... Beel told me about Belphegor and Lilith."

"What do you mean, 'by the way'?! That's a whole different story!"

"Doesn't matter. But why didn't you say anything about them?"

"You didn't ask and to be honest, we're kind of forbidden to talk about them. So I've gotta say, gettin' Beel to tell you about Belphie and Lilith... for a human, you've done good. I gotta hand it to ya!"

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Ahem, how do I explain this? So, we were all actually angels up in the Celestial Realm before we fell from grace, so to speak."

"For some reason, I can't imagine you as an angel."

"Haha, so funny."

"Yes, I know. I'm so cool."

"Kind of. Anyway, back then, Lucifer was especially fond of Beel, Belphie and Lilith. He loved those three."

"What happened?"

"The Devildom happened. Lucifer is such a super serious guy and all, so after pledging loyalty to Lord Diavolo, he always put Diavolo's desires first from that point on, no matter what."

"Right, that's what he was talking to Beel about."

"Yep, and he does it even when it's something he doesn't agree with, ya know? I mean, seriously, would it kill him to be a little flexible sometimes?"

"Maybe they have a pact. You know, like you and me."

"Demons can't make pacts between each other."

"Well, maybe some other kind of pact. In my opinion, Lucifer is too prideful to receive orders from someone. Even Diavolo."

"You think? Well, that's an option..." he pondered "But anyway, that's what brought this on. When Lord Diavolo suggested this exchange program thing, and Belphie opposed it..."

"They had a fall out..."

"Yeah. Lucifer wouldn't listen to a thing Belphie said. He just sent him straight up to the human world, and that was that."

Mammon lowered his head and you could see a sad expression forming on his face.

"I'm not saying that Belphie would've convinced him of anything even if he'd taken the time to listen. But still, if the two of them would've talked it out, I can't help thinking things would've turned out different."

Then he raised his head, looking you in the eyes. You weren't happy yourself, and Mammon soon noticed it as he tried to make you feel better again.

"Whoa, did ya hear that?! I just said somethin' kinda awesome there, didn't I? It's not often I do that!"

"Y-yeah. Yes, you did!"

"Way to go, me! Man, I'm amazing. Hey, come on, I think I deserve some praise here. And while you're at it, how about ya show a little reverence too?"

"Oh, Lord Mammon! You are so divine and awesome!"

"Yes, yes! That's what I'm talking about."

Holding out his hand towards you, Mammon ruffled your hair with a big smile on his face.

Mammon said it too...

So, if Lucifer and Belphegor have a talk, something might actually change.

At the very least, it might make Beel feel better. It's hard on him, cought between the two of them like he is.

"Alright... I'll do it. For Beel."

***

Later that night you went up the attic once again. You felt the need to take Belphegor out of the attic. Not for him, but for his twin brother.

"Why hello, y/n. This certainly is unexpected. It's only been a day and you're back already. So, I take it you've decided to help me?"

"Please, don't get me wrong. I'm not doing this for you."

"Oh, really? What is it then?"

"None of your business. You'll get out of here either way, so it doesn't matter."

"That's right. Now, I'll say this as many times as I have to, because it's important."

"You don't need to say it again. I won't tell anyone."

"Very well then. If you don't have anything to day, you can go back to your room."

"Does he feed you?"

"Lucifer? From time to time. But it's alright, I don't need to eat much. Beel eats enough for me, just as I sleep enough for him."

"I see... Goodbye then."

"Actually, wait a minute. There's something important I still haven't said."

"What?"

"I really do appreciate your help. Honestly. If you hadn't shown up, I would've been trapped up here for who knows how long. So I want you to know I'm grateful... Thank you, y/n."

"Goodnight, Belphegor."

"Goodnight..."

***

Alright then, time for some rest.

"Bzz"

Not again... My room is already destroyed, now he wants to destroy Beelzebub's as well?

"Oh. It's Luke."

***

Luke
Can you come outside now?
I'm in front of the House of Lamentation.

***

Well, that's unexpected.

For him to be here, something really big must have happened.

Beel isn't here yet... I'll just go.

***

"Hi, what happened? Is everything okay?"

"Y/n! You came, thank you! I was worried... I don't know what I'd do if someone saw me hanging around in a place like this."

"Do you need anything?"

"Yeah. If I didn't, I wouldn't have come to this den of demons. Now I'll get right to the point. I need you to let me spend the night in your room tonight."

"Imagine having a room lol."

"Please, I'm begging yo- wait, what?"

"Funny story. The important part is that I don't have a room right now."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Sucks to suck, I guess."