Movie Marathon

"Twelve hours?! What's up with that?! We'll be up all damn night!" Mammon grumbled.

"Sucks to suck I guess."

After grabbing your laptop, you gestured Mammon to roll to the side and sat next to him.

"There it is. The Tale of the Seven Lords for free!"

"Man, I can't believe I'm not going to sleep for this."

"I'll compensate you later, don't worry."

***

The Tale of the Seven Lords...

DVD Volume 2.

Though they represent two different species, the protagonist Henry and the Lord of Shadow bridge such differences to form a pact. Working together, they set a trap for the Lord of Fools, who falls victim to it.

The Lord of Fools is then driven off, chased up into the snowy northern country. It's there in the cold, barren wastes that he discovers the frozen body of his former sweetheart, Geldie. He once loved her, before they parted...

***

"What...? Seriously?! He's finally reunited with her only to find out that she's dead?!"

"Mammon, calm down. It's just a DVD."

This is so sad, bro. What the hell?

Who made this doesn't have a heart.

"Can't he, like, use some magic or somethin' to bring her back to life?"

"That could work. But he must be too sad to think of that now. Devastated even."

"It can't end like this... It just can't! He's gonna find a way to save Geldie, right?!"

"I don't know, Mammon. She's already dead, after all."

"No, no..."

"Well, we'll have to keep watching to find out. Maybe some miracle will happen, who knows?" you said, trying to reassure him.

"Yeah... I hope so."

***

DVD Volume 5.

The Lord of Flies faces a crisis after his country is invaded by hostile forces from another land. The opposing army isolates them, cutting off supply lines so they will starve.

Hoping to aid his brother, the Lord of Fools arranges for food supplies to be smuggled in. However, a long spell of wet, rainy weather causes all of the food he has sent to spoil.

As a result, the Lord of Flies' land is beset by an outbreak of disease, on top of the famine they already face...

***

By the end of Volume 5, you started hearing Mammon sobbing.

"Don't blame the Lord of Fools...! He was worried about the Lord of Flies and wanted to help. That's all!"

You were trying hard not to cry, but when you saw his devastated expression, you felt like you could be yourself and cry all you wanted, letting a tear run down your face.

He wouldn't judge you.

"I can't believe the food ended up spoiling... It's not fair. He was being so helpful, and he meant well... So why? Why?!"

"He was being so nice..." you sobbed "I can't believe the other Lords were so mean to him. He deserves better."

"Yeah... It's so unfair."