It's Just a Game Anyway

"Luke never did come back last night." Beel said.

"Today, our class ends earlier than the others'. We'll take a better look around the house, okay?"

The demon nodded still feeling a little anxious. It seemed your attempt to reassure him didn't fail at all, but it didn't help much either.

"Y/n, Beel. No chit-chat in my class."

"Sorry, Miss. Futakuchi..." you apologized for the both.

"Sorry..." Beelzebub whispered you.

You gave him a soft smile in response.

Devildom history finally ended and you and Beel prepared for the last class. Luckily, you and Beel shared all classes today so you could walk home together and look for the missing angel.

"Well, hello there, Beel, y/n. Good to see you!"

"S-Simeon! Hi, what are you doing here?" you greeted him.

"Just wanted to talk to the two of you. You're looking after Luke, right? I hope he isn't causing you too much trouble."

"Ah..." you looked over at Beel, whose eyes were fixed on the tan skinned angel.

"I'm sorry you had to get cought up in our private squabble." Simeon continued "I tried to stop him before he could run off, but Luke is just too quick, I'm afraid."

"He sure is..." Beel murmured.

"Hm?"

"Nothing much. You were saying?"

Seriously, Beel... There are some thoughts you have to keep for yourself.

You sighed at the demon.

"So, as I was saying. I'd appreciate it if you could tale care of him until he's ready to come back again. Thank you both."

"Yeah, no problem. Just don't tell anyone, please. We're not supposed to have him there." you asked.

"Oh... Sorry." Simeon smiled, nervously "I'm sure he'll comeback if you kick him out, so if he gets you in trouble, don't hesitate to do so."

"Hmhm."

Simeon waved you two goodbye as the bell rang to the next class.

"It's PE now, right? I think Mammon is in that one too."

Beel nodded.

***

"Y/n!" you heard someone shout in the hallway.

You turned your back to see who it was and Beel did the same.

"Mammon? Hi!" you couldn't help, but smile as soon as you saw the boy.

"Hey, we have the same class now! Let's go together."

"Eh? Well-"

"Alright, let's go."

Mammon grabbed you by the arm and ran for the pavilion where class would be. You looked back in Beel's direction and found him standing in the same place, with a dumbfounded expression all over his face.

You mouthed an apology and smiled shyly to which he just smiled back.

"What are you looking at? Hurry up."

"Yes, captain!"

Some time later, Mammon stopped running.

"We-we're her-re" he sighed, exhausted.