Room Inspection

Class was finally over and you and Beel had managed to sneak Luke inside the House of Lamentation again.

"So, you've heard the story about Lucifer and his brothers, right? They all used to be angels. Well...all except for Satan."

While the demon was showering, the little boy took the opportunity to tell you a part of the story of the seven brothers.

"It was a long, long time ago. So long ago that you humans couldn't even imagine how far back it was."

He makes it sound like it was a billion centuries ago...

"Back then, Lucifer was the strongest and most beautiful of all the angels! He had six pure white wings, and light radiated from them."

"Lucifer in another color other than black? Oh man, I'd pay to see that."

"It was really beautiful..."

"You sound like you admired him back then."

"..."

The angel kept quiet for what felt like a long second, until his lips parted again.

"Keep this between us, alright? You absolutely can't tell anyone else."

"You have my word." you smiled.

"Back then, I admired Lucifer even more than Michael..."

Eh?

Ayo, what did he say?

"More than..."

"Shh!"

It took you only but a moment to compose yourself again. You frowned with a serious expression and looked at the boy."

"Luke."

"W-why are you acting like that all of a sudden?"

"I promise you. What you told me just now is gonna die with me."

"Eh?! Why are you talking like that!"

"Because it sounds cool, don't you think?" you chuckled.

"Just forget it..."

"Forget wha-"

You didn't have time to finish before the door burst open behind you.

"We're in big trouble. You're about to be found out."

"Huh...?"

"Beel?" you called "Wh-what's happening?"

"We're having a surprise inspection. Now."

"Wait, who's inspecting? What? Huh?"

"Lucifer. And he's coming here right now."

The tall demon started walking towards you and Luke, who were still sitting on the bed, frozen in place.

"We gotta hide him."

"Y-yeah." you sighed finally getting up "Man, this is crazy. Why did no one tell us?"

"Well, that's what a surprise inspection is for."

"Don't make me feel more stupid than what I already am-"

Beelzebub looked around for a while until his eyes finally stopped on Belphegor's side of the room.

"Here. Get in the closet."

"The closet?" the angel frowned "Isn't that an easy place to find?"

"It's our only option. Now get in."

Then, Luke got up and ran inside.

Oh boy, was he just a bit taller, he would've hit his head.

You gave a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

"Now we just have to-"

"Alright, inspection time." Lucifer said, barging inside the room.

"Lucifer!" you shouted, your heels breaking contact with the floor "You're here."

Ah... He's so scary from up close...

Even knowing he would arrive anytime soon...

"Beel, y/n. I see you're both here." the demon called "I'm going to have a look through your room to be certain everything is in order here."

From the corner of your eye, you could see Beel's face. He looked calm. Too calm. But at the same time, you could sense a feeling of stress coming from him. And it seemed like you weren't the only one to notice.

Lucifer was still staring at the two of you, the room untouched.

Beel...

"So, before I start... Is there anything you'd like to tell me?"

"No. You can go ahead and do what you need to do." Beel replied.

"Well then, if you don't mind..."

Lucifer started heading to the bed on the left. You took this opportunity to takea better look at Beel. He was shaking. Though his expression remained calm, his hands betrayed him.

He was hiding them...

"Beel..." you whispered "It's okay. I'll assume the responsibility alone."

But Beel didn't care. Like he pretended not to listen. And instead, he just slowly pulled his hand out to you and gave a soft smile.

Hm? He wants me to hold his hand?

Well, when I was little, I enjoyed having someone by my side when I was feeling scared... He must be the same.

A little hesitant, you grabbed his hand in yours. You could feel the cold sweat from his palms, but you didn't want him to feel worse than what he already was so you hold his hand tight in yours.

"Beel, open the closet."

Those were the last words the two of you wanted to hear.

But Beel just gave you a reassuring smile, like he had everything under control. Even though you both knew he didn't.

"There's nothing in there, but Belphie's clothes." he said.

"Didn't you hear me? Open it."

You gulped. You were about to be found out. Surely Lucifer wouldn't kill you, since that wouldn't be to Lord Diavolo's liking, but nothing could assure you that you would stay.

I don't wanna go...

Not yet...

With that, Beel opens the door, revealing the inside of the closet. Revealing Belphegor's clothes and...nothing else.

What?

"Well, it seems you really aren't hiding a puppy in here. I giess it was only a rumor then."

You looked at Beel, surprised, and he was looking at you with the same expression.

"All right, that wraps up my inspection. Both of you make sure to go to bed early."

Lucifer, who had his arms crossed until this moment, finally put them back down and started walking toward the door, closing it behind him.

Meanwhile, you and Beel just stood in the middle of the room looking at each other and then back at the closet again.

"W-well, that went well..." you were the first to break the silence "Luke, you can come out now."

Silence.

"Luke..?"

"It seems he's not here." Beelzebub peeked from over your shoulder.

"Do you have a secret door here or something?"

"Not that I know of. Either way, we need to go look for him."

"Yeah... Oh, and thank you, Beel."

"No worries. Thank you, too. And sorry about my hands... They sweat a little when I'm nervous."

"Hmhm." you smiled "Let's go look for him."